Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICloud deleted in 5 days

Options
  • 22-03-2017 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

ok, i am not very tech savvy so bear with me. All my Apple devices are connected and using iCloud. For some reason I ended up with over 4000 photos on my phone. I was running out of space and between changing setting a deleting apps I am now getting a message sayingICloud Photo Library will be deleted in 5 days. Choose Download and keep originals below to download the complete copy of your photos.

My iCloud photo library tab is on
    Optimise Iphone Storage is on
    upload my photo stream is on

Panicking now incase I loose everything. What should I do and what really is the best option for storing photos

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Best option: pay them the tiny amount for 50gb, or whatever it is. Honestly, it's the easiest option.

Cheapest option: google photos or Dropbox.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm not really sure what happened here. I'm assuming you disabled and deleted iCloud Photo Library which would cause it tick down from 30 days until your photos are deleted from iCloud. Does that sound right?

If so you need to re-enable iCloud Photo Library and undo delete before the 30 days are up. If after disabling it you used up that space, this may not be possible unless you buy extra storage or free up some space in iCloud. As Zcott said, it's only 1 euro a month for 50GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ChoKuRay

i already buy the extra space so thats ok. How do I re enable the iCloud?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If you did disable and delete your photo library, the option to undo delete it should be in: Settings > iCloud > Manage storage > Photo library.

Advertisement