Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subclass 651 Visa for Australia

Options
  • 22-03-2017 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify one thing, please.

I am applying for a subclass 651 VISA. I want to go traveling around Australia and Asia for all of this year. My plan is to initially do 2/3 months in Oz, go around Asia for a few months, return, go to NZ for a little while.

The wording is confusing to me though -

"Your eVisitor lets you:

enter Australia for up to three months during each visit during the 12 months from the date the eVisitor is granted"

Does this mean I can go to Australia for May/June/July, leave in July, and come back into the country for another three months in August?

If, as I suspect, this isn't the case, I can apply for a working VISA from Asia or NZ after my subclass 651 expires, yes?

Thanks for all the help !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

You're incorrect. You can enter Australia multiple times during that 12 months. My man went to Australia from July to October and from December to this Sunday on the same visa.

Applying for a whv can only be done outside Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

amtc wrote: »
    You're incorrect. You can enter Australia multiple times during that 12 months. My man went to Australia from July to October and from December to this Sunday on the same visa.

Applying for a whv can only be done outside Australia.

Brilliant, perfect - happy to be wrong here !

I'll scout it out for a few months and nip over to Asia for a quick trip if I decide I want to stay.

Thank you very much.

Common to pop up to Bali or book a cruise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Visa approved and flights booked.

....Do I need to do anything else??!?! I feel like this has been far too easy !!

Travel insurance. Remember to tell your bank you're going away to avoid transactions being flagged as suspicious. (My mam was declined on her boi credit card as she was trying to buy flooring in Perth. Kind of odd thing to buy on holidays but it was for a relative's home. Bank rang my parents home rightaway). Set up Viber for messages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Jeebus wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wanted to clarify one thing, please.

I am applying for a subclass 651 VISA. I want to go traveling around Australia and Asia for all of this year. My plan is to initially do 2/3 months in Oz, go around Asia for a few months, return, go to NZ for a little while.

The wording is confusing to me though -

"Your eVisitor lets you:

enter Australia for up to three months during each visit during the 12 months from the date the eVisitor is granted"

Does this mean I can go to Australia for May/June/July, leave in July, and come back into the country for another three months in August?

If, as I suspect, this isn't the case, I can apply for a working VISA from Asia or NZ after my subclass 651 expires, yes?

Thanks for all the help !

Don't forget to notify the tax office that your car will be off the road!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Don't forget to notify the tax office that your car will be off the road!:D

Priceless....

Advertisement