If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to square one (Cinema system)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So i talked it threw with someone and hopefully found a solution. Im thinking i might need around ten meters for each surround speaker then the rest divided between the remaining speakers and sub so maybe twenty two twenty three meters. Is it possible to get ready made speaker cable or again is that adding to much to the price? Im just thinking of all the little extra jobs im giving myself!.

I'm gonna go ahead with the Yamaha RXV381 receiver the Wharferdale DX1 SE speakers and a pair of the omnimount elo speaker stands for just the surround speakers.
    When it comes to the cable would the basic cable be sufficient or would you recommend going with Cambridge ultra micro for example?

Obviously a big difference in price for around twenty three meters of the more expensive cable but if there's a major difference in sound quality it might be worth it !?

If you could give me a price for everything Ive mentioned along with the basic cable and then with the more expensive one ill have some idea what is better to go with.

Cheers everyone for all the help!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

So i talked it threw with someone and hopefully found a solution. Im thinking i might need around ten meters for each surround speaker then the rest divided between the remaining speakers and sub so maybe twenty two twenty three meters. Is it possible to get ready made speaker cable or again is that adding to much to the price? Im just thinking of all the little extra jobs im giving myself!.

I'm gonna go ahead with the Yamaha RXV381 receiver the Wharferdale DX1 SE speakers and a pair of the omnimount elo speaker stands for just the surround speakers.
    When it comes to the cable would the basic cable be sufficient or would you recommend going with Cambridge ultra micro for example?

Obviously a big difference in price for around twenty three meters of the more expensive cable but if there's a major difference in sound quality it might be worth it !?

If you could give me a price for everything Ive mentioned along with the basic cable and then with the more expensive one ill have some idea what is better to go with.

Hi How Soon Is Now,

You could put in the basic stuff but I do think you'd benefit from the Ultra Micro, especially if this is a long term thing you're best putting in the best you can now so you don't have to touch it again. But I will do two prices for you, one with the good cable and one with the basic and see what you think.

Price 1:

Yamaha RXV381
    Wharfedale DX1SE
    Omnimount ELO
    23m Cambridge Symph 100 basic

Total: £575

Price 2:

Yamaha RXV381
    Wharfedale DX1SE
    Omnimount ELO
    23m Cambridge Ultra Micro (better cable)

Total: £595

Let me know what you think

Kind regards

David

Hi How Soon Is Now,

You could put in the basic stuff but I do think you'd benefit from the Ultra Micro, especially if this is a long term thing you're best putting in the best you can now so you don't have to touch it again. But I will do two prices for you, one with the good cable and one with the basic and see what you think.

Price 1:

Yamaha RXV381
    Wharfedale DX1SE
    Omnimount ELO
    23m Cambridge Symph 100 basic

Total: £575

Price 2:

Yamaha RXV381
    Wharfedale DX1SE
    Omnimount ELO
    23m Cambridge Ultra Micro (better cable)

Total: £595

Let me know what you think

Kind regards

David
    Thats brilliant thank you!

Ill go ahead with the second deal with the better cable. When it comes to the cable itself is it straight forward enough cutting it and adding plugs? And what kinda plugs do i need to use for this receiver?
    Sorry for all the questions ive just never had to setup this kind of system before and i just want to do it the right way the first time!

Thanks again!!

*Just looked at the what hifi review again and seen this mentioned.
    '' The lack of banana plug outputs is a shame in that the amp requires unterminated speaker cables, and relatively thin ones at that''

How does this apply to the cable im buying here so? *

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for the posts - I would not in any way be concerned about the lack of 4mm Banana plugs on your Amp - very few amps at this price level feature 4mm sockets and once you use decent cable the difference will be small.

The next step up is the RXV481 which does add 4MM sockets is better but mainly because its a smart AVR rather than because of the 4MM sockets - IMO if you go for the ultra micro cables you will really hear the benefit.

In terms of cables, always use a decent cable, no need for overkill - its more important to keep your cable lengths the same on each channel than to spend fortunes on esoteric cables and again I would rather have a decent cable and leave a little excess for future trimming in the event of oxidisation rather than spend the money on 4MM plugs.

ATVB,

John Mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the posts - I would not in any way be concerned about the lack of 4mm Banana plugs on your Amp - very few amps at this price level feature 4mm sockets and once you use decent cable the difference will be small.

The next step up is the RXV481 which does add 4MM sockets is better but mainly because its a smart AVR rather than because of the 4MM sockets - IMO if you go for the ultra micro cables you will really hear the benefit.

In terms of cables, always use a decent cable, no need for overkill - its more important to keep your cable lengths the same on each channel than to spend fortunes on esoteric cables and again I would rather have a decent cable and leave a little excess for future trimming in the event of oxidisation rather than spend the money on 4MM plugs.

ATVB,

John Mc & crew

Thanks for the info!

Ill go ahead with the second package is that all I'll need to get going so?

• Advertisement

ATVB,

John Mc & crew

Thanks for the info!

Ill go ahead with the second package is that all I'll need to get going so?
    Hi How Soon is Now,

Thanks for taking my call this afternoon. I will get that processed for you and shipped out asap.

Kind regards

David

Thanks for all the help lads!!

Looking forward to getting this now ðŸ˜!

Thanks for all the help lads!!

Looking forward to getting this now ðŸ˜!
    No problem, let me know if you need anything else!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.