Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy a large mezzaluna knife like they use in Subway/Chopped for salads?!

Options
  • 22-03-2017 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Anyone know.. I see loads of small ones for herbs but I want a big one for making salads at the weekend (I buy salad most days from Chopped in Dublin)!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think that type of big one is called a hachoir. I haven't seen them around although there are some on Amazon. I love a chopped salad too and usually make it with a curved knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

I think that type of big one is called a hachoir. I haven't seen them around although there are some on Amazon. I love a chopped salad too and usually make it with a curved knife.

i looked up a large hachoir too online and couldn't find a big one (apart from the USA where it would cost $25 to post it!)

Dying to get my hands on one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Wusthof make them in various sizes. Here's a shop in the UK selling them up to 23 cm - at a price. :)

I see too Amazon have a Gustav one.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

You could try brennancateringsupplies.ie. They are mentioned on website but none available. They may point you in right direction or might be able to order one.
    TK Maxx often have these useful random items if you have time to check regularly.
    I use a sanktou knife myself for salads and I love it.
    Picked up a lovely one in tk maxx last year. Would try to get a victorinox one next -super sharp and easy to handle but pricey.
    Aldi had them(santkou) a few weeks ago and tbh I find it quite good if a tad heavier than I prefer.
    Just googled there victorinox hachoir. Amazon.fr is the place it seems. Now I think I want one myself!

Advertisement