Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merlin Auctions

Options
  • 22-03-2017 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I was looking at some 2014 Audi A6 and an A7 in Merlin, the previous auction results suggest about 19K for the A6 and 22.5K for the A7 Just looking at the commissions though, and it strikes me that a €16K car will cost €17,184 with the 5% commssion +VAT plus €200 euro indemnity whatever that is. Worse, the seller has to pony up 5%+VAT also plus a minimum €50 fee, €1,034, so he gets €14,966 of the €17,184. That's €2118 to Merlin!. That's way over the margin a car dealer would make, so either the cars go for way less that their value or else they have some issue preventing dealer sale. Why would anyone put a car up for sale knowing that they would be down 2K on the paid price. If it's not a showroom car, then discount it on CBG or autotrader.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I would doubt anyone would sell their own 2014 A6/A7 at auction... likely these cars were repossessed by finance companies, impounded/confiscated by the Gardai or are high miler ex fleet cars etc..

Advertisement