Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord ill for a while but not appointing an official agent

Options
  • 22-03-2017 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've another question. My Ll is quite ill and not in a position to carry out his obligations. despite numerous request from my side to assign an official agent, he hasn't done so, leaving me to deal with one son, than the other, than the wife and than back to the first son.Obviously that is very confusing , let alone frustrating.
    I feel, since he has still not assigned an official agent, that i should copy him on all my communication with either of the parties...as I am legally obliged to inform the LL of any issue with the property?
    Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

What sort of issues do you have- that requires constant interaction with the landlord? Unless the landlord is non-resident- there is no obligation on their part to appoint an agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Yeah copy him on everything. Copy all of them on everything. Best to cover yourself in case of any "confusion" in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

What sort of issues do you have- that requires constant interaction with the landlord? Unless the landlord is non-resident- there is no obligation on their part to appoint an agent.
    landlord is non resident.And the issues have become so severe at this point in time that i'm opening a case with the RTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Then you need to copy every single contact you have for the house. Show that you have made every possible effort, and that the owner is unresponsive.

Advertisement