Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoker Life Policy Loading?

• 22-03-2017 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Would anyone know or tell me how would I get an insurance company to give the information on the difference in premium for a smoker versus non-smoker?. Have just discovered My Company charged hubby as a smoker for 9 years. Although we informed them 3yrs after he first quit.have rang them and told Autury wont speak to customers & agent cant tell me until next Monday.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

You need to put in it writing to,them and say you expect a refund/credit or you will go to insurance ombudsman. I work in life company. You will get nowhere on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,079 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could be circa 50% more for a smoker.

You can get a quote online from Irish Life as an example...
    https://www.irishlife.ie/life-insurance/term-life-insurance-quote

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

50% is there or thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd imagine that just because he stopped smoking doesn't mean that the risk has gone away completely. They may still consider him a high risk

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

vivrelaf wrote: »
    Would anyone know or tell me how would I get an insurance company to give the information on the difference in premium for a smoker versus non-smoker?. Have just discovered My Company charged hubby as a smoker for 9 years. Although we informed them 3yrs after he first quit.have rang them and told Autury wont speak to customers & agent cant tell me until next Monday.

Doesn't add up. If you informed them years ago why didn't you get a premium reduction or effect alternative cover elsewhere?

• Advertisement
Advertisement