Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android map marker icons

Options
  • 22-03-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to add numbered map markers to my android app's google map.

I would like to be able to set something like a standard map marker but with a number embedded in it , i.e.. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 9+.
    That would mean having ten ready made marker icons and setting the appropriate one per marker.
    Could somebody recommend some icons or is there a better dynamic solution?

I saw some map markers on mapsmarker.com but dont really like them.

Any advice welcomed, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

See if you can find anything on Android Asset Studio:
    https://romannurik.github.io/AndroidAssetStudio/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Boxman wrote: »
    That would mean having ten ready made marker icons and setting the appropriate one per marker.

You would probably be better off making a custom view with the generic marker image and then on top of it dynamically drawing the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Boxman

The_B_Man wrote: »
    See if you can find anything on Android Asset Studio:
    https://romannurik.github.io/AndroidAssetStudio/

Didn't find what I was looking for but some nice tools there I'll use elsewhere, thanks for that.
    You would probably be better off making a custom view with the generic marker image and then on top of it dynamically drawing the numbers.

Thanks very much. I'll look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Boxman wrote: »
    Thanks very much. I'll look into that.

It could be as simple as a TextView on top of an ImageView with minimal logic needed to show the number. Give me a shout if you need more information.

Advertisement