Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GPS help

• 22-03-2017 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I need to work on:
    • Top speed
    • Acceleration
    • Change of pace

Don't care about heart rate as such.
    If I can the three above I am happy. I want to be able to measure it so I know I am making progress. So after a session or match I'd like to know distance covered, top speed, best acceleration etc.

Can I get one of those GPS things and put it in a sports top?

Any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Hi,
    I need to work on:
    • Top speed
    • Acceleration
    • Change of pace

Don't care about heart rate as such.
    If I can the three above I am happy. I want to be able to measure it so I know I am making progress. So after a session or match I'd like to know distance covered, top speed, best acceleration etc.

Can I get one of those GPS things and put it in a sports top?

Any advice?

Thanks

To the best of my knowledge, PlayerTek is the only GPS unit which you can buy individual units of and is available to the general public.

https://shop.playertek.com

I would suggest that you ensure all other aspects of your training/preparation are dialled in before investing in one though.

Even then, what will you do with the information? If you have no reference values or normative data for the distances or speeds measured what good will knowing what your data says be??

Advertisement