Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick 189 Skilled visa question

Options
  • 22-03-2017 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

What's the actual accepted work experience time frame on this? I was under the impression that it was 3 years but looking at the VETASSESS info on construction project manager it's saying 1 year of relevant experience to get their approval.

Would 1 full year of experience be enough to successfully apply for a 189 or is that just enough to satisfy VETASSESS and the actual visa still requires longer term experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Testament1 wrote: »
    What's the actual accepted work experience time frame on this? I was under the impression that it was 3 years but looking at the VETASSESS info on construction project manager it's saying 1 year of relevant experience to get their approval.

Would 1 full year of experience be enough to successfully apply for a 189 or is that just enough to satisfy VETASSESS and the actual visa still requires longer term experience?

Anyone?
    I'm also interested in this answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AgentRhea

That's correct, one year post qualification employment experience in the last 5 years. This is one of the requirements from VETASSESS to get a successful skills assessment outcome. When it comes to applying for the actual visa, the years if experience only comes into account to figure out how much points you could claim. The more experience, the higher the points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Fake News

I was going to ask the same question. I pretty much have all the points I need except a skilled occupation. I have a brother in Australia who is a permanent resident. I also have a degree but the past couple of years I have only worked as a security guard. I'm guessing I will have to do one of the professions on the list for a year or so in order to qualify?

Advertisement