Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously tho....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/sunday-spin-rideoutsee-description/14731288

Is this what's its come to...if I go on my classic its fine but if I go on my gsxr I'm not allowed....:rolleyes:

Would you want to roll a gxsr around with the described group?

Tbf....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

listermint wrote: »
    Would you want to roll a gxsr around with the described group?

Tbf....

Thought I could lead and pick up the pace a bit...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thought I could lead and pick up the pace a bit...:P

Wouldn't be a group then . It would be a solo run :):)

listermint wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a group then . It would be a solo run :):)

Imagine tryin to pass them.....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

I posted that a few weeks back on the "other forum".

General thoughts are that a heap of us turn up at this on sportsbikes and pull wheelies and burnouts on the organiser.

Then he can whinge on all he likes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

General thoughts are that a heap of us turn up at this on sportsbikes and pull wheelies and burnouts on the organiser.

.....and you'll have confirmed the 'all sportsbike riders are tossers' point of the rideout .

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    .....and you'll have confirmed the 'all sportsbike riders are tossers' point of the rideout .

Point being just to actually pi55 all over this guys ad.

I mean come on now,not everyone who has a sportsbike rides fast or acts the maggot.
    Lots of lads go out on as bike ride together in a slow touring way.

This guy is stereotyping with his ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Bizarre use of donedeal.

Think youre confusing a "ride-out" with a "biker funeral" there Ted..........:D

Lumen wrote: »
    Bizarre use of donedeal.

its a "dung" deal................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

its a "dung" deal................

If you want to troll them you could just repeatedly offer to swap their gentlemen's rideout with an XBOX360 WIV DEADLY GAMES or IPHONE 3 SCREEN MOSTLY OK SOME SCRACHES.

Lumen wrote: »
    If you want to troll them you could just repeatedly offer to swap their gentlemen's rideout with an XBOX360 WIV DEADLY GAMES or IPHONE 3 SCREEN MOSTLY OK SOME SCRACHES.

Mars bar and can a coke......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Point being just to actually pi55 all over this guys ad.

I mean come on now,not everyone who has a sportsbike rides fast or acts the maggot.
    Lots of lads go out on as bike ride together in a slow touring way.

This guy is stereotyping with his ad.

.......but yet that's exactly what you're advocating. If you want to make a point that they don't, how about proving that sportsbike riders are just like everyone else ?

....and yes, he may be stereotyping, but you're doing the exact same. Potato/Potatoe.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    .......but yet that's exactly what you're advocating. If you want to make a point that they don't, how about proving that sportsbike riders are just like everyone else ?

....and yes, he may be stereotyping, but you're doing the exact same. Potato/Potatoe.

Wonder how many (if any) do go out with him,and wonder where they head from and head to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Gonna turn up in all my gear in the cage with the kids.......it is my crusier after all!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I don't see the problem tbh. Or are yiz just sour they didn't invite you to the party? :P

Organise your own ride out with sports bikes if that's what you want?

It's not like the ad said anything negative about sports bikes or riders. Seems fairly innocent.

Wanting to turn up and pi$$ all over somebodies parade because you can't go... come on lads you're not kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Except most people on sportsbikes can't do wheelies :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

they should say no sportsbike riders allowed at MAG ireland meetings and they might actually get a turnout lol

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

On one hand I'm thinking let the lads off I don't care what anyone else does it ain't gonna bother me !!

But on the other hand I would like to point out that the type of bike does not define the rider or their riding style.

I have seen many lads on tourers and adventure bikes ride far faster that some guys on sports bikes and vice Versa.

Some lads on sports bikes are fast and some are slow!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

KonFusion wrote: »
    I don't see the problem tbh. Or are yiz just sour they didn't invite you to the party? :P

Organise your own ride out with sports bikes if that's what you want?

Wanting to turn up and pi$$ all over somebodies parade because you can't go... come on lads you're not kids.

It would appear that they are kids. The person who organises any free event can surely decide who he wants to join him and it would appear that quite a few who have posted here are not mature enough for bicycles not to mind something with an internal combustion engine. If they are really interested in a ride out, why not organise their own and ask their parents for permission and be sure to carry a spare nappy and bum cream. :D

• Advertisement

Riva10 wrote: »
    It would appear that they are kids. The person who organises any free event can surely decide who he wants to join him and it would appear that quite a few who have posted here are not mature enough for bicycles not to mind something with an internal combustion engine. If they are really interested in a ride out, why not organise their own and ask their parents for permission and be sure to carry a spare nappy and bum cream. :D

Thats so funny......rofl.

Im laughing at this as i sit on the Aircoach to Cork to pick up a bike and ride it back to Dublin.

Thats so funny......rofl.

Im laughing at this as i sit on the Aircoach to Cork to pick up a bike and ride it back to Dublin.

Hi stewy
    Be careful now You are coming down to my neck of the woods. Did'nt realise that the air coach was running. Are you calling to Lee or Keary's (for coffe) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Seriously, are people really talking about this and getting offended, and trying to come up with ways (as real intentions or not) to ruin his day/plan?

The guy knows WTF he wants, the type he wants to hang around with on his spins, and he has stated it. If it's not you, get over it. Why do you need his love? Did Mommy not hug you enough as as child? Go do something with your own time/friends.

He's looking for an older/touring style crowd, I ascertain. Who gives a sh1t? Why should he beat around the bush and pretend everyone is welcome?

Don't come out with that "oh but not all of XYZ owners are ABC people", etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Live65a846d0ee

What does that have to do with anything?

What does that have to do with anything?

You really need to just understand the banter here between fellow members,and cop on mate,seriously like,lighten da fcuk up will you.

Hi stewy
    Be careful now You are coming down to my neck of the woods. Did'nt realise that the air coach was running. Are you calling to Lee or Keary's (for coffe) :D

Threrad posted with lots of lovely pics of Cork boi....:P:D

Threrad posted with lots of lovely pics of Cork boi....:P:D

This is the only lovely picture of Cork................:D

This is the only lovely picture of Cork................:D

Surprised a person of your intelligence knows when you are not wanted. :D

Surprised a person of your intelligence knows when you are not wanted. :D

Only two good things came out of Cork...Micro Disney and.....sorry meant only one good thing....:P:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Live65a846d0ee

You really need to just understand the banter here between fellow members,and cop on mate,seriously like,lighten da fcuk up will you.

I am a fellow member too or am I not? I am lit up like fire.

Advertisement