Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously tho....

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Only two good things came out of Cork...Micro Disney and.....sorry meant only one good thing....:P:D:D:D

You just confirmed my belief in you. You can't count. :D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Riva10 wrote: »
    You just confirmed my belief in you. You can't count. :D:eek:

Yeah youre right...it was just the once with yer missus then.............:eek::eek::D:D:D:D

Yeah youre right...it was just the once with yer missus then.............:eek::eek::D:D:D:D

That's exactly what ur missus told me. again and again ;):eek::rolleyes:

Riva10 wrote: »
    That's exactly what ur missus told me. again and again ;):eek::rolleyes:

:D:D.....OK then you owe me €200....mates rates..;)

Oh yeah....ye left yer Sponge Bob jox under the bed...size small.....:P

Did anyone go on that "No-sportsbikes" spin today............

:D:D.....OK then you owe me €200....mates rates..;)

Oh yeah....ye left yer Sponge Bob jox under the bed...size small.....:P

That was a present for you as ur missus said that you would grow into it. I was using it on my little toe. :D :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭raven41

Went on a couple of spins with these guys and they are a sound a bunch as you will never meet. Dont think they have anything against sport bikes or people who ride them, I just get the impression they dont want the "hooligan" type of wheelie/burnout merchant that would frequent other spins. Dont see anything wrong with this at all. There are many different types of biker out there and they aint bothering anyone....

raven41 wrote: »
    Went on a couple of spins with these guys and they are a sound a bunch as you will never meet. Dont think they have anything against sport bikes or people who ride them, I just get the impression they dont want the "hooligan" type of wheelie/burnout merchant that would frequent other spins. Dont see anything wrong with this at all. There are many different types of biker out there and they aint bothering anyone....

Yeah..we know the type..eh Stewie.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yeah..we know the type..eh Stewie.....:D

He bought the scooter so he could go on the run!!:pac:

blade1 wrote: »
    He bought the scooter so he could go on the run!!:pac:
    It was'nt a scooter .It was a 150cc Zimmer. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgiemcgrane

Hi Guys

I want to take control over my commute and Im travelling between one and a half to (in bad cases) 2 hours into work (Clane to the IFSC). Thats door to door including walking to the bus stop, waiting for the bus, suffering on the bus, then walking to work. My heart is broke and I need a solution. And we are a 1 car family, the wife is minding a baby and little primary school lad so unfair to ask her to help.

Heres my thinking - Theory test booked for the 22nd of April. Not being presumptuous but I have my IBT booked with Dave out in Kiltipper early May (Saw some recommendations for him on here). He was such a nice guy on the phone and also a clear €200 cheaper than others. As i have managed to get to the ripe old age of 39 (ahem - so close to 40 it almost doesn’t matter) I am going to go straight ahead and do the IBT at the full A level. So I need to learn on prob a big bike and Im confident I’ll be ok. Of course Im not going to buy one that size just want the options for the future.

Thats what I’m here for . . . I know people suggest getting a CHEAP bike for your first one and I get the logic, your going to scratch it, drop make mistakes on it but most importantly - going to LEARN on on it, develop skill and build up confidence. I also need a solid dependable commuter. So 250cc should be up to the job, I won’t be on motorways with a learner permit and speed is not my motivation, I don’t want to be overtaken by cars, just keep pace and be able to do some safe filtering when the going gets SLOW in the city centre.

What should I look to spend ? and what would be a good bike ? I like the GW250 Inazuma, and also the GZ250 but the second one is a cruiser style. Im excited about having another hobby and would be taking off for a few hours on a saturday or sunday but primarily I need something that can do what I ask mon-fri. Any tips / recommendations - is there another model I might not be thinking about ? Would I get a solid version of the bikes mention for about 3K ? ? if so what should I be looking for Mileage / Year wise. I know I sound like someone who smacks of “having done his research” but truthfully Im clueless and just want to avoid making a poorly informed choice if possible. Also I’ll prob know a bit more after the IBT and ill try out a few bikes see what feels comfortable. Long post over - any thoughts be appreciated - thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Probably be faster on me moped too.:pac::D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Live65a846d0ee

Hi Guys

I want to take control over my commute and Im travelling between one and a half to (in bad cases) 2 hours into work (Clane to the IFSC). Thats door to door including walking to the bus stop, waiting for the bus, suffering on the bus, then walking to work. My heart is broke and I need a solution. And we are a 1 car family, the wife is minding a baby and little primary school lad so unfair to ask her to help.

Heres my thinking - Theory test booked for the 22nd of April. Not being presumptuous but I have my IBT booked with Dave out in Kiltipper early May (Saw some recommendations for him on here). He was such a nice guy on the phone and also a clear €200 cheaper than others. As i have managed to get to the ripe old age of 39 (ahem - so close to 40 it almost doesn’t matter) I am going to go straight ahead and do the IBT at the full A level. So I need to learn on prob a big bike and Im confident I’ll be ok. Of course Im not going to buy one that size just want the options for the future.

Thats what I’m here for . . . I know people suggest getting a CHEAP bike for your first one and I get the logic, your going to scratch it, drop make mistakes on it but most importantly - going to LEARN on on it, develop skill and build up confidence. I also need a solid dependable commuter. So 250cc should be up to the job, I won’t be on motorways with a learner permit and speed is not my motivation, I don’t want to be overtaken by cars, just keep pace and be able to do some safe filtering when the going gets SLOW in the city centre.

What should I look to spend ? and what would be a good bike ? I like the GW250 Inazuma, and also the GZ250 but the second one is a cruiser style. Im excited about having another hobby and would be taking off for a few hours on a saturday or sunday but primarily I need something that can do what I ask mon-fri. Any tips / recommendations - is there another model I might not be thinking about ? Would I get a solid version of the bikes mention for about 3K ? ? if so what should I be looking for Mileage / Year wise. I know I sound like someone who smacks of “having done his research” but truthfully Im clueless and just want to avoid making a poorly informed choice if possible. Also I’ll prob know a bit more after the IBT and ill try out a few bikes see what feels comfortable. Long post over - any thoughts be appreciated - thanks.

250 will be way too slow get a cbr500 or a 650cc bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

250 will be way too slow get a cbr500 or a 650cc bike.

FFS

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

F that add .... im showing up on my zx9r to see their faces anyway ha ha :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

Hi Guys

I just had a wee look at your commute and it's 35km. My commute is a national road that's 20km long and it takes me 20 minutes (on a 500cc twin) and I've essentially no traffic. On my 125 it took 25 minutes so don't buy into the nonsense that a 250 is too slow. It'll add a few minutes compared to a bigger bike that's about it. The Suzuki you mentioned is on the heavy side at 170kg for a 250 but it should be grand for the commute. Price wise I wouldn't know what a 250 is going for but you should be able to snag one for less than 2000-1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgiemcgrane

CaptainR wrote: »
    I just had a wee look at your commute and it's 35km. My commute is a national road that's 20km long and it takes me 20 minutes (on a 500cc twin) and I've essentially no traffic. On my 125 it took 25 minutes so don't buy into the nonsense that a 250 is too slow. It'll add a few minutes compared to a bigger bike that's about it. The Suzuki you mentioned is on the heavy side at 170kg for a 250 but it should be grand for the commute. Price wise I wouldn't know what a 250 is going for but you should be able to snag one for less than 2000-1500.

Cheers thanks for the reply. If I could predictably do my commute in 45 mins to an hour (without having to leave at silly o clock) it would be amazing. nice solid perspective on the size of the bike as well thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

CaptainR wrote: »

Cheers thanks for the reply. If I could predictably do my commute in 45 mins to an hour (without having to leave at silly o clock) it would be amazing. nice solid perspective on the size of the bike as well thanks :)

Welcome to the world of biking - you'll love it. And truly, size doesn't matter. I have at least as much fun on my 125cc Vespa as my 1450cc Harley. Arguably more.....

A 250 would be a good choice. In reality you'd pick up a CB500 Honda for the same money and riding it would be very similar. It had been the stapleof bike schools for years & years.
    And whether you pick a 'naked' or 'cruiser' might actually more depend on what you like when you try them......e.g. are you tall, or short, or..... etc ?

If you're starting out though can I suggest you buy engine bars / crash bungs. Believe me, you'll be glad you did....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

To get back on topic. The organiser doesn't want rice rockets at his rally. Good for him.

Same reason that Glanza boy racers might not like people turning up to one of thir runs in nice cars.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    To get back on topic. The organiser doesn't want rice rockets at his rally. Good for him.

Same reason that Glanza boy racers might not like people turning up to one of thir runs in nice cars.

So an RR or Panagale would be ok....:p

Advertisement