Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70

Options
  • 22-03-2017 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

We are looking st buying a new house, so need to consider an alarm system, looking around the Quantum 70 from HkC looks good.

If you can recommend a better wireless system please do.

Can some one be able to pass me the installation engineer instructions for this please?

I have been in the building game all my life and got my electric domestic installation certificate.

So with a bit of help I think I can figure it out.

The house builder has quoted £799 for the system that consists of controll panel remote control panel by the front door and two PIR.

I have asked if they will throw it in as part of the deal.

But if not looks like I will have to get it done my self. As I'm not paying £800 for that!

Thanks for any help in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I will PM you the manual for the quantum.
    Is this a wireless system you are looking for?
    If so my recommendation would be the GSD i70
    If the property is wired I would recommend the Siemens Vanderbilt SPC 4320.
    If you are looking at self monitoring both of these systems will give you the option of free apps and free usage without any ongoing subscription charges.
    See the sticky for more information.
    Can you give us more information on what you were quoted for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chady

Thanks I appreciate it,

The house is not built yet it was £799 for the Quantum 70 controll panel a wireless bell for the front a wireless remote keypad for the front door. And two pir! Every thing else is extra!

So I will be looking to install a system myself but won't be able to do a wired system as I am not ripping floors up etc.

So hence looking at going wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Chady wrote: »
    Thanks I appreciate it,

The house is not built yet it was £799 for the Quantum 70 controll panel a wireless bell for the front a wireless remote keypad for the front door. And two pir! Every thing else is extra!

So I will be looking to install a system myself but won't be able to do a wired system as I am not ripping floors up etc.

So hence looking at going wireless

If the house is not built yet, now would be the time to get cables in for the alarm system. From what you are been charged that is expensive. Id advise getting a few quotes to see what is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chady

They want £400 just to put the cables in!

And I don't know where the cables will actually go!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We can't really quote pricing here etc. But you would get a better deal on that even using wireless.
    As, I always say shop around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Chady wrote: »
    They want £400 just to put the cables in!

And I don't know where the cables will actually go!

I go with the wired route if possible.
    Wire free is a good option but if cables can be done its the way to go.

Advertisement