Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payzone scam?

• 23-03-2017 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Hi,

mods please move this somewhere else id needed.

I have been charged 20 quid every week/2 weeks on my permanent tsb account. The charge states payzone POS but I have not used this service at all. Has it happened to anybody else? It totals 120 quid overall. Will contact bank tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This is the motors forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Motors -> Banking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,478 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the payments are not to a fixed schedule then you are probably being billed to top up an account linked to a service like parkingtag or a toll tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi,

mods please move this somewhere else id needed.

I have been charged 20 quid every week/2 weeks on my permanent tsb account. The charge states payzone POS but I have not used this service at all. Has it happened to anybody else? It totals 120 quid overall. Will contact bank tomorrow

PayZone process payments for loads of things. M50/Mobile TopUp/PrePaid Gas or Electricity/Refuse Collection/Parking etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

What did your bank say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,478 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The charge states payzone POS but I have not used this service at all.

Just read this again and noticed that it's a 'POS' (point of sale) transaction.....

Is it possible that someone in your house is 'borrowing' your debit card and nipping down to the local Spar to top up a mobile phone? If it's a contactless card then they wouldn't need the PIN as the amounts are under €30.

Advertisement