Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for criticising Islam

Options
  • 23-03-2017 1:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Barbie! decided to permanently ban me from After Hours for trolling in a thread about the terrorist attack in London, I asked how I was trolling and I was told that "nearly every post" I made in the thread was "trolling".

I found that strange, since nearly every post I made in the thread was either pointing out facts about Islam such as the fact that it teaches to kill non-Muslims over 110 times in the Quran, a book which Sharia law is based on, the official law of Islam or I was debunking the moronic claim that ISIS = the IRA. I was pointing this stuff out because the police confirmed the attack was Islam related.

Some other guys were attacking the Bible and Christianity and the violent teachings of the Bible to somehow give Islam a free pass, I spent a lot of my posts debunking that because the Bible doesn't control Europe, whereas Islam is actually in practice in parts of the world and the Muslim extremists want to take over Europe.

I'd like someone to review all of my posts in that thread, and to decide whether or not I was trolling. I acknowledge that I got a little aggravated over the repetitive nonsense coming from some people and I used the word "retard" once or twice, but apart from that, I don't see any issue. Every piece of information about Islam I gave was truthful, I didn't lie or "troll".

I asked Barbie how I was trolling, all I was told was that she wouldn't be discussing it and to come here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hi there,

i'll have a look for you shortly.

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Hi there,

i'll have a look for you shortly.

Cheers

Thanks. I might have said some prickish things to some people out of anger at their ignorance of the facts about Islam and their claims that Islam is an OK religion despite being told about the stoning of rape victims, homosexuals, etc etc. I think the whole thread was derailed after certain people started attacking Christianity for stuff that happened centuries ago. Completely irrelevant. I'm not denying I got angry. I just wasn't there to troll, I was there to discuss the facts the media won't. I'm very passionate about the subject.

Sorry for taking your time, whatever the outcome.

*I MAY NOT BE AROUND TO REPLY AGAIN UNTIL MONDAY*

Sorry, will have a look at this tonight!

Apologies, unfortunately life gets in the way sometimes!

I have reviewed this and I will be upholding the ban.

I don't believe you were banned for "criticising Islam", there are plenty of threads containing posts of that nature, the same as there are with other religions.

You were banned for what I believe to be trolling or being uncivil.

This may be a tongue in cheek post, either way it's unacceptable in a thread of such a serious nature
    And anyone who thinks it is, I hope ISIS get you.

And again, uncivil at the very least
    Are you retarded?

And another
    Here is a clear explanation for all you liberal retards

Your last ban was permanent and reduced after discussion to time served, approx. 7 months and you were given another chance. The above proves to me and the AH mods that you can't behave in a civil manner and because of that I am upholding the perma ban.

I'd suggest keeping a clean sheet for a year or so and maybe ask AH mods to review again but saying that, you've already had that chance.

If you don't agree with the above you're welcome to an admin review.

Again, apologies for how long this took.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Apologies, unfortunately life gets in the way sometimes!

I have reviewed this and I will be upholding the ban.

I don't believe you were banned for "criticising Islam", there are plenty of threads containing posts of that nature, the same as there are with other religions.

You were banned for what I believe to be trolling or being uncivil.

This may be a tongue in cheek post, either way it's unacceptable in a thread of such a serious nature

And again, uncivil at the very least

And another

Your last ban was permanent and reduced after discussion to time served, approx. 7 months and you were given another chance. The above proves to me and the AH mods that you can't behave in a civil manner and because of that I am upholding the perma ban.

I'd suggest keeping a clean sheet for a year or so and maybe ask AH mods to review again but saying that, you've already had that chance.

If you don't agree with the above you're welcome to an admin review.

Again, apologies for how long this took.

I don't believe I should be permanently banned, and I would like an admin to review this. I do not believe this warrants a permanent ban, despite my previous history. The moderator gave the idea from the PM that they were watching me the whole time. However, I was never warned about my behaviour.

I have not been active on the site in a while. I would have been happy with a slap on the wrist and a yellow/red card and a permanent ban if I continued.

BTW, if you read the "I hope ISIS gets you" post, there's context. So no normal person should be offended by that because any normal person would have agreed with my post and the ISIS bit wouldn't have applied.

To summarise: It has been a long time since I've caused trouble, and this screw up was in a heated discussion I think everyone will agree. I do not agree with the permanent ban and I would be willing to cut out the nonsense in future discussions. You learn from your mistakes. And one more thing, I've never been disciplined for being uncivil before, so it's not like I'm making the same promise a second time.

TL;DR: I'd like the permanent ban reduced, and I've been made aware the behaviour which is unacceptable, and I apologise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I shall review this for you.

tHB

I shall review this for you.

tHB

Thanks. Sending bribe now...

I acknowledge I was being uncivil. If a moderator pointed a gun at me and told me to stop being a douchebag and handed me a day's ban and/or a card, I would have immediately coped on and stopped being a douchebag.

I haven't been active in a while and I haven't been in a discussion on Boards in a longer while, that is why I was careless when it came to my civility. I'm usually very civil around Boards but that was a heated thread (or maybe I was angry).

I'd like probation. One more mess up, and I'll accept an immediate permanent ban. I am capable of following the rules. That was an honest mistake getting angry.

Please and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this.

I've reviewed your posts in that thread & you have not covered yourself in glory. Not only did you abuse other posters by telling the to "**** off", & ask if they were retarded - you also made Islamophobic & homophobic comments. All were actionable. Those posts, in addition to your previous history in the forum, tell me that AH is better off without your participation.

Permanent AH ban upheld.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement