Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commitment issues

• 23-03-2017 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have been in a really good relationship for the past four years. We have done it long distance which was challenging at times but still managed to see each other as much as we could. We started talking over the past year about getting a mortgage and I had planned to relocate to where he was, giving up a job I actually really liked and leaving friends behind but it felt right to be with him. I was happy to do this and felt it would be so good for our relationship. So we attended banks and made our applications for a mortgage but about two months ago we decided we would hold off and rent for a short time instead. We were happier with this as it made more sense. The plan was for me to move in July this year. I had stared applying for a new job and looking into houses to rent. All was going well until one day my boyfriend had a complete meltdown about commitment, started questioning everything, when i would ask him what was he worried about he couldn't say, repeatedly responding with 'I don't know' 'I don't know what's wrong with me'. This was followed by a very sudden break up. This man was telling me how much he adored me and loved me so much right up to the day we broke up. I was absolutely heart broken and he couldn't give me a reason for this just said he needed to figure things out for himself and sort his head out! After 4 years???? How could this happen?! How can you tell someone you love them and see a future and then just walk away? It is now one week since break up and he has text me almost everyday and I foolishly respond each time and I don't know why because it just messes with my head. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Comments

Advertisement