Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 vs 'Internship USA'

Options
  • 23-03-2017 5:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I've been offered an internship from a financial services firm in the US for the summer. But I'm not sure if I should apply for the J1 or 'Internship USA' programme? Does anyone know what the difference is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Do the company know that you need a visa ?

Do they have a legal department that can help. ?

Large companies that regularly bring over foreign interns or staff would have expertise in what you require.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 notprivy

Hi all,

I've been offered an internship from a financial services firm in the US for the summer. But I'm not sure if I should apply for the J1 or 'Internship USA' programme? Does anyone know what the difference is?

J1 summer visa lasts for 3 months.
    Internship USA visa (which is also called a j1 visa) is for 12 months.

Typically a 3 month J1 summer visa is availed of by students during the summer break from college. Whereas the 12 month internship USA is availed of by graduates who have completed their course of study.

Hope this helps

Advertisement