Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 10

Options
  • 23-03-2017 6:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

how much does windows ten cost? im seeing adverts from 10-120 pounds. how could there be such a big difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

JoeyPeeps wrote: »
    how much does windows ten cost? im seeing adverts from 10-120 pounds. how could there be such a big difference?

Still free

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

SickBoy wrote: »

Its free to upgrade. For a fresh install its paid.

Unless you want to install 7 unactivated, then upgrade. That used to work and still may.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 billyknowsbest

Hi,
    Hope somebody can help me here- my files have all become WPS Office 16....overnight! I tried to print one of them and found out that printing is a premium service and needs to be paid for! I have no idea how all this happened. Prior to this I just printed out my files for free with Word 16. Any solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

https://www.wps.com/office-compare

Printing isn't a premium service, sounds dodgy.

If you don't use WPS Office, I'd use Revo Uninstaller to remove it from the PC altogether.

Until then, right click on whatever file you want to open, select "Open With" and go for MS Office Word

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Hi,
    Hope somebody can help me here- my files have all become WPS Office 16....overnight! I tried to print one of them and found out that printing is a premium service and needs to be paid for! I have no idea how all this happened. Prior to this I just printed out my files for free with Word 16. Any solutions?

Nothing happens 'overnight' unless someone clicked on a link or was surfing dodgy sites. Uninstall WPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Mystified

I downloaded Windows 10 last year and accept the updates as they become available. Recently I see reference on the internet to Windows Creators. What is it?
    Is it just an update or a different version of "ordinary" Windows 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Mystified wrote: »
    I downloaded Windows 10 last year and accept the updates as they become available. Recently I see reference on the internet to Windows Creators. What is it?
    Is it just an update or a different version of "ordinary" Windows 10?

just another update, albeit a rather large one with 'extra' features

Advertisement