Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finance

• 23-03-2017 6:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, I have had problems with my account as in my account showed it has less that it should have. But I was talking to one of the guys at the help desk and they said it should be fixed in a few days as it was delayed payments. But at the same time my car loan is due within that time too. So if doesn't come back in time there isint enough in my account to pay it. What happens then or is there anything I can do to fix it. The payment is through the car dealer finance.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi, I have had problems with my account as in my account showed it has less that it should have. But I was talking to one of the guys at the help desk and they said it should be fixed in a few days as it was delayed payments.  But at the same time my car loan is due within that time too. So if doesn't come back in time there isint enough in my account to pay it. What happens then or is there anything I can do to fix it. The payment is through the car dealer finance.  
    Thanks
    Hi Paddy, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

When you say your account has less than it should have, do you mean that you are waiting on a payment to credit your account? In relation to your car loan, a direct debit will go unpaid if there are insufficient funds in your account at the time it is due and an unpaid fee of €12.70 will be charged. 

Thanks
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 18 paddyjkearsey

What happened was I deposited money into a gaming site last weekend. And for some reason it has taken the payment twice so I don't have enough in the account until it goes back into my account

Would I be able to make a once off payment from my credit card

Would I be able to make a once off payment from my credit card
    Thanks Paddy,

If you mean you wish to pay money from your Credit Card into your Current account to meet the direct debit payment, you would need to make a cash withdrawal from your Credit Card and then lodge this cash to your Current account (as it is not possible to transfer from a Credit card to a Current account). Please note that this may incur withdrawal charges on your Credit Card. 

If you wish to make a payment to your loan with your Credit Card, please contact Bank of Ireland Finance regarding this on 1890 664 466 and an advisor will be happy to advise you further.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Hi,

Application made for car finance on Monday last.

At the time of writing I am still waiting on the car garage to come back to me with a yes or no.

Is a 2 day wait normal?

It was BOI account details supplied on the application form.

KC161 wrote: »
    Hi,

Application made for car finance on Monday last.

At the time of writing I am still waiting on the car garage to come back to me with a yes or no.

Is a 2 day wait normal?

It was  BOI account details supplied on the application form.
    Hi KC161, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Sorry to hear that you haven't received an update on your application yet. We would advise you to follow this up with the garage directly as they can check this with the Car Finance team and advise you further on the time frame. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement