Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PME at UCC or TCD?

Options
  • 23-03-2017 6:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi everybody!

I've been offered a place at TCD for a PME in Biology starting in September but I also applied for the same master at UCC and I am waiting for a reply. Any advise about what university I should choose? Does anyone have any experience with these two universities? Thank you in advance for your interest!

Giulia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Firstly , where are you based now ? Cost is a huge factor in your decision. How will you support yourself over the two years? I'd suggest that living in Dublin would be more expensive than Cork. The courses themselves are very much the same. Have you arranged placement for your Tcd offer yet? It can be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Giuliarse

Firstly , where are you based now ? Cost is a huge factor in your decision. How will you support yourself over the two years? I'd suggest that living in Dublin would be more expensive than Cork. The courses themselves are very much the same. Have you arranged placement for your Tcd offer yet? It can be difficult.

Thank you very much for you reply. I live in Cork at the moment and I like living here, I just was wondering about how many job opportunities I could get after attending TCD compared to UCC. I mean, as far as I know TCD is known as the best college in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Giuliarse wrote: »
    Thank you very much for you reply. I live in Cork at the moment and I like living here, I just was wondering about how many job opportunities I could get after attending TCD compared to UCC. I mean, as far as I know TCD is known as the best college in Ireland...

The job opportunities will be identical, it's subjects that matter, not the college you do the PMEn.

So you don't think principals or any committee care about the university you attended when you go for interviews...

No it's not like that in Ireland. All our colleges are equal. None more prestigious than others.

• Advertisement

Giuliarse wrote: »
    So you don't think principals or any committee care about the university you attended when you go for interviews...

Have you looked in to getting placement in Dublin yet? It's very difficult.

Have you looked in to getting placement in Dublin yet? It's very difficult.

More difficult than Cork?

Equally bad from what I have heard. You need to act fast once you have decided which offer you'll be accepting.

Equally bad from what I have heard. You need to act fast once you have decided which offer you'll be accepting.

I haven't heard from UCC yet. Hopefully I will hear from them soon!! I'd love to stay in Cork!

Does anybody else have other experiences in this regard? Have you attended the PME at TCD or UCC?

• Advertisement
Advertisement