Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH in Grange Rath, Drogheda

Options
  • 23-03-2017 9:10am
    Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Eir are able to provide FTTH in Grange Rath in Drogheda yet or if it's coming soon? I got a thing in door from Vodafone the other day telling me Siro is now available so wondering if I should jump ship if there's no sign of FTTH from Eir any time soon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

LFCFan wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Eir are able to provide FTTH in Grange Rath in Drogheda yet or if it's coming soon? I got a thing in door from Vodafone the other day telling me Siro is now available so wondering if I should jump ship if there's no sign of FTTH from Eir any time soon?
    I think you should go with siro if your already wired up for FTTH no point waiting on Eir.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

rob808 wrote: »
    I think you should go with siro if your already wired up for FTTH no point waiting on Eir.

I'm still under contract but I'm potentially willing to buy it out if Eir are a long time away from giving me FTTH. If they are close I can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Assume they arent coming until its ready for order, schedules are too fluid to make predictions on.

ED E wrote: »
    Assume they arent coming until its ready for order, schedules are too fluid to make predictions on.

It's now 17 months since I got the email from Eir telling me FTTH was now available in my area :rolleyes:

And it is. But in your area and for all of your area are two different statements.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    And it is. But in your area and for all of your area are two different statements.

Siro waited until it was actually available to me before telling me it was available. Eir probably enabled less than 1% of my 'area' and then tell the entire area it's available and then 17 months later it's still not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭ACLFC7

Eir are not providing FTTH in Grange Rath. See here: http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

All exchanges providing FTTH have blue lines coming from them.

Are those blue lines not just the rural roll out? If these are the actual roll outs then they have no plans for almost the entire Southside of Drogheda. That doesn't make much sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Are those blue lines not just the rural roll out? If these are the actual roll outs then they have no plans for almost the entire Southside of Drogheda. That doesn't make much sense?

The blue lines are the rural rollout. Drogheda is also part of Openeir's urban project but as they never published maps for the urban scheme it is unclear what areas were to be covered. Also it is possible that the rural project will take precedence now with the NBP on the horizon.

AZ0sZEv.jpg

Looks very logical to me. Grange Rath is in a row of 10 VDSL cabs on a spur out from the city.

Central VDSL Core, GPON tendrils going out. Some gaps but at a certain point density is too low.

The big mistake people make is thinking they're in a built up area so they'll be first to FTTH. When you have VDSL already a GPON deployment now makes no sense. In some area SIRO/Virgin might push them to get FTTH but both are so slow its not a concern on the national scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

It available via www.siro.ie
    I placed an order for it. Grange Rath wasnt available in the order page a week ago.

Mylow wrote: »

It available via www.siro.ie
    I placed an order for it. Grange Rath wasnt available in the order page a week ago.
    It says to order via Vodafone or Digiweb but neither of their sites have it available. Useless to me anyway as I have 8 months left on my Eir contract :(

Advertisement