Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vauxhall Astra in southern Ireland

Options
  • 23-03-2017 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I have finalised 2010 Vauxhall Astra 1.4 petrol (UK registration no) in euro 5500 yesterday with one of the dealer.
    The question i have is:
    - If suppose Vauxhall recall this car in UK due to any reason then will i be eligible for that?
    - Will i get any intimation for that? If yes, can i get it done in southern ireland?
    - Will there be any issues in selling this car as this is Vauxhall?

Guys, this will be my first car, so please help me and your help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Vauxhall Astra is the same as Opel Astra apart from some minor spec differences, so I would imagine if there was a recall on Vauxhall Astras then there would also be one on Opel Astras, Any work required on a Vauxhall can be carried out by an Opel Dealer in the ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

ellobee wrote: »
    Vauxhall Astra is the same as Opel Astra apart from some minor spec differences, so I would imagine if there was a recall on Vauxhall Astras then there would also be one on Opel Astras, Any work required on a Vauxhall can be carried out by an Opel Dealer in the ROI

But who will pay for it?

For the rest of questions, it's no. No stigma with Vauxhalls at all.

if its a recall, the manufacturer pays, Opel, Vauxhall same manufacturer

ellobee wrote: »
    if its a recall, the manufacturer pays, Opel, Vauxhall same manufacturer

In the end yes, but it is the importer that pays the dealer for the work, and then goes back to the manufacturer.

No The dealer would just get authorisation from the Distributor (Opel Ireland) to carry out the work and then submit a claim, as they would for any Opel Vehicle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

grogi wrote: »
    But who will pay for it?

I'd actually disagree with the stigma point. We all know they're the same but I was warned by a friend in sales before that they're not popular as trade in's when the time comes and similarly when trying to sell private.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I'd actually disagree with the stigma point. We all know they're the same but I was warned by a friend in sales before that they're not popular as trade in's when the time comes and similarly when trying to sell private.

Well to a certain degree I would agree with you but I think it depends on the age of the car, if you are trading in a 3 or 4 year old vauxhall then yes you might have some problems, but a 10 year old car would have a small value anyway so I dont think it being a vauxhall would reduce it that much.

ba_barabus wrote: »

But is it for Vauxhall only or all of Opel/Vauxhalls?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jesky25

Guys, thanks for your response. I checked with Opel authorised dealers and the dealer whom i am buying the car. They both confirmed that I will get notified for any recalls. As UK Vauxhall will get the intimation this car has been sold to a person in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

grogi wrote: »
    But who will pay for it?

hmm.. would not agree here. Vauxhall one of the few UK imports that do not retain value as much as other brands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Op have you checked the vrt and motor tax on this car?

You could get a surprose. I'd consider 5500 just for the car very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jesky25

Everything is included in 5500 and tax is 390.

Advertisement