Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Transaction Statements, are they really that difficult?

• 23-03-2017 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi There,

I want to know why banking365 customer care people are answering no when i request a custom statement. Their gut-reaction is always to say no even before you have begun your query, even when you know that what you are requesting is possible for the last few years. I recently requested a custom statement to show all payments made to my landlord for the past 6 years (approx 72 payments which would fit on 2 pages) and I was told this is not possible and the only way to do this was to print out 72 months of statements (i.e. 12 months x 6 years) and then to go through these with a black marker to blot-out the transactions I didn't want to show. That's going to be over 60 pages of blotting-out transactions. This is completely ridiculous and just another 'no-can-do' response from BoI. 

I want to speak to a customer service rep on this and make a formal complaint or else I want somebody to contact me and rectify this situation. I'll be contacting the complaints dept and going through Facebook and Twitter if I don't hear from a competent customer service rep about this issue. I want to hear that this IS possible, just like it was several years ago, even for self-service users on 365.

The only thing I get from BOI is frustration when I contact them because they are NEVER willing to help you and are always making mistakes with your money, this is just another notch on the belt.

Looking forward to hearing a qualified response on this if anyone knows why the hell this is happening? I refuse to believe that something so simple is not possible.

Thanks,

Colm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

JonSmith wrote: »
    Hi There,

I want to know why banking365 customer care people are answering no when i request a custom statement. Their gut-reaction is always to say no even before you have begun your query, even when you know that what you are requesting is possible for the last few years. I recently requested a custom statement to show all payments made to my landlord for the past 6 years (approx 72 payments which would fit on 2 pages) and I was told this is not possible and the only way to do this was to print out 72 months of statements (i.e. 12 months x 6 years) and then to go through these with a black marker to blot-out the transactions I didn't want to show. That's going to be over 60 pages of blotting-out transactions. This is completely ridiculous and just another 'no-can-do' response from BoI. 

I want to speak to a customer service rep on this and make a formal complaint or else I want somebody to contact me and rectify this situation. I'll be contacting the complaints dept and going through Facebook and Twitter if I don't hear from a competent customer service rep about this issue. I want to hear that this IS possible, just like it was several years ago, even for self-service users on 365.

The only thing I get from BOI is frustration when I contact them because they are NEVER willing to help you and are always making mistakes with your money, this is just another notch on the belt.

Looking forward to hearing a qualified response on this if anyone knows why the hell this is happening? I refuse to believe that something so simple is not possible.

Thanks,

Colm
    Hi Colm, 

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our service and that you wish to raise a complaint. 

You can request to view any Credits or Debits into or out of your account when logged into 365 Online under the Statements and "Advanced" option located on the right hand side of the screen. With this option you can choose a certain time period going back a period of 12 months and then export these transactions in CSV format. 
    Please note however we are unable to change the transaction details that are listed on an official statement and the above option will not have the same information (your name, address, etc.) as an official statement would. 

If you wish to raise an official complaint regarding this, please see our Customer Complaints process here.

Thanks, 
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JonSmith

Hi Colm, 

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our service and that you wish to raise a complaint. 

You can request to view any Credits or Debits into or out of your account when logged into 365 Online under the Statements and "Advanced" option located on the right hand side of the screen. With this option you can choose a certain time period going back a period of 12 months and then export these transactions in CSV format. 
    Please note however we are unable to change the transaction details that are listed on an official statement and the above option will not have the same information (your name, address, etc.) as an official statement would. 

If you wish to raise an official complaint regarding this, please see our Customer Complaints process

Thanks, 
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,

thank you for the response, however, I still don't think you understand the issue, I don't want to see ALL Credits or Debits or even one of these, I want to see ALL Debits to a particular Debtor, this should be a simple Filter when viewing the Statement. I can export the document but I need an official document for tax purposes. 

I cannot understand why this is not possible in this day and age, I work in IT and this is the simplest thing to do on any system. For this reason, I am sure that this is available, probably for Business Users, so why can't you provide an official statement, even in a letter to my address, containing my payments to a particular person. I refuse to believe it is not possible given the simplicity of it. I have received similar statements many years ago from BoI so this is why I believe this is just a 'I couldn't be bothered' response from BoI.

Who issues statements within BoI? Have you spoken to them? They would quickly tell you how simple this is and that it is common practice.

Thanks,

Colm

I don't find your explanation helpful or satisfactory at all. Furthermore, your customer complaints link does not work either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi Colm, 

If you wish to raise an official complaint regarding this, please see our Customer Complaints process

Thanks, 
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,

thank you for the response, however, I still don't think you understand the issue, I don't want to see ALL Credits or Debits or even one of these, I want to see ALL Debits to a particular Debtor, this should be a simple Filter when viewing the Statement. I can export the document but I need an official document for tax purposes. 

I cannot understand why this is not possible in this day and age, I work in IT and this is the simplest thing to do on any system. For this reason, I am sure that this is available, probably for Business Users, so why can't you provide an official statement, even in a letter to my address, containing my payments to a particular person. I refuse to believe it is not possible given the simplicity of it. I have received similar statements many years ago from BoI so this is why I believe this is just a 'I couldn't be bothered' response from BoI.

Who issues statements within BoI? Have you spoken to them? They would quickly tell you how simple this is and that it is common practice.

Thanks,

Colm

I don't find your explanation helpful or satisfactory at all. Furthermore, your customer complaints link does not work either!
    Can you not export all your transactions to a CSV file and then filter them via Debtor. Then print off the Debtor you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Colm, 

Thanks, 
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks,

Colm

Hi Colm, 

I'm sorry that you don't find our answer helpful, however I'm afraid it is not possible to print a statement with only these specific payments on it. Please see the following link for our complaints process if the one mentioned above does not work for you: https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/ 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Typical response from BoI. If its not supported, you are redirected to the complaints department. No pro-active steps to implement the functionality or to put forward a development request for this. How difficult would it be to incorpportate filters when viewing statements, a third year IT student could do this in 20mins on your backend systems. Yet more reason to move to an alternative Banking provider.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Typical response from BoI. If its not supported, you are redirected to the complaints department. No pro-active steps to implement the functionality or to put forward a development request for this. How difficult would it be to incorpportate filters when viewing statements, a third year IT student could do this in 20mins on your backend systems. Yet more reason to move to an alternative Banking provider.
    Hi JonSmith

We'll certainly pass on your feedback as previously mentioned, the alteration of official bank statements would no be permitted. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi JonSmith

We'll certainly pass on your feedback as previously mentioned, the alteration of official bank statements would no be permitted. 

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison, 

nobody was asking you to Alter any statements, the request was for a 'Filter' so we can read or display data relevant to a specific payment/debtor. There are NO changes here, nothing is ALTERED. Again, this is BoI not understanding the query.

Question: When you are using online banking and you 'Filter' on All Debits/Credits (which is in the advanced filter settings of the Statements tab), does this Alter anything? 

Answer: No, it is the exact same scenario, it is just a filter, not an Alteration/Change. 

I have spoken and explained this to 4 or 5 people in BoI now, and none of you understand what I am speaking about, or a more-plausible reason, you couldn't care less. 

You can close this thread, you clearly couldn't care less. And I don't believe you that you will pass-on this feedback, if so, please details to whom? And finally, I haven't heard anything back from you after several requests to raise a formal complaint on this issue, who is handing this complaint? What is the ticket number?

Thanks,

Jon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Jon, 

When you raise an official complaint with our Customer Service team, they will contact you within 5 working days upon receipt of your complaint. If they require further time to investigate your query, they will write to you within this time frame with an update on your case and confirm the name of the person dealing with your issue. They will also give you a time frame within when they hope to resolve your complaint. 

We appreciate all our customers feedback and your's has been sent to our Online Development team. This will also be recorded by our Customer Service team upon receipt of your complaint letter or phone call. 

Thank you again, 
    Elaine 

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thread closed at OP's request, however if it needs to be re-opened please PM me. Thanks. 

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement