Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cultivator

Options
  • 23-03-2017 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Lidl have a cultivator this week. Worth getting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Gangu wrote: »
    Lidl have a cultivator this week. Worth getting?

Looks very similar to one I got from Screwfix for 80 odd quid recently. For that price I'd say go for it. From my experience, it works best on ground that's been dug and heavy weeds removed already, otherwise weed roots get wrapped around the tines and stop it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Gangu

Zzippy wrote: »
    Looks very similar to one I got from Screwfix for 80 odd quid recently. For that price I'd say go for it. From my experience, it works best on ground that's been dug and heavy weeds removed already, otherwise weed roots get wrapped around the tines and stop it working.

Thanks. You use it for beds? Around plants. New to this gardening lark.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I was thinking of one of these, plenty on youtube about it, in German though. Seems they had it first :)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=FLORABEST+Kultivator

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I've only had it a few weeks, using it on veg beds to till the soil and mix in compost and fertiliser before planting. Really breaks down the big lumps into a nice tillable soil, easy to rake then. Found stones around fist size can get stuck and block the tines so try to get rid of any of those you spot before using it.
    Steve wrote: »
    I was thinking of one of these, plenty on youtube about it, in German though. Seems they had it first :)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=FLORABEST+Kultivator

I see one of those vids where the guy is using it close to a greenhouse, I wouldn't do that as it tends to fire stones out pretty fast. If using it near glass or polytunnel I'd put something against the glass to protect it.

Advertisement