Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BS claim help!

Options
  • 23-03-2017 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, need some help please!

I hit into the back of somone at traffic lights. He was a bit of an a**. Once I got out of the car he looked at me and asked if I had insurance! Very light tip; told him I didnt wanna go through insurance and to give me a bell about fixing what happened. Anyway week later I get a call from assessors saying he's persuing a claim and they want a look at my car.
    Assessor came out. zero damage done to mine. Said he's exaggerating his claim because it doesnt add up to the damage done to my car. Said he is saying i did his back right hand panel on his bumper in. but his chassis and bumper bar are fine so that wasnt me. Anyway onto insurnace today and they told me he's persuing a medical claim too!! Theyre waiting on a report from him. What the hell can I do?! He's being a chancer!

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can do nothing, except get onto your own insurance company and make sure they get your side of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

lauralouwa wrote:
    I hit into the back of somone at traffic lights. He was a bit of an a**. Once I got out of the car he looked at me and asked if I had insurance! Very light tip; told him I didnt wanna go through insurance and to give me a bell about fixing what happened. Anyway week later I get a call from assessors saying he's persuing a claim and they want a look at my car. Assessor came out. zero damage done to mine. Said he's exaggerating his claim because it doesnt add up to the damage done to my car. Said he is saying i did his back right hand panel on his bumper in. but his chassis and bumper bar are fine so that wasnt me. Anyway onto insurnace today and they told me he's persuing a medical claim too!! Theyre waiting on a report from him. What the hell can I do?! He's being a chancer!

Nothing, it's up to your insurance company to deal with the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

I suppose he is quite entitled to pursue a claim off your insurance. Perhaps engage your own assessor for a 2nd opinion. Ultimately, its up to you insurance company to resolve the claim. I'm sure they will try to limit the liability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

OP, this is a daily occurrence. Expect an application to the Injuries Board, ably supported by a solicitor's letter stating their client has suffered severe personal loss and a report from a very expensive medical consultant stating soft tissue injury. A rear end is a slam dunk victory and the only hope is that your insurers catch him bungee jumping before it is settled. As an aside, if they catch him bungee jumping the day after it is settled, you have no redress

We're doing this to ourselves folks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭coolbeans

lauralouwa wrote: »
    Hi all, need some help please!

I hit into the back of somone at traffic lights. He was a bit of an a**. Once I got out of the car he looked at me and asked if I had insurance! Very light tip; told him I didnt wanna go through insurance and to give me a bell about fixing what happened. Anyway week later I get a call from assessors saying he's persuing a claim and they want a look at my car.
    Assessor came out. zero damage done to mine. Said he's exaggerating his claim because it doesnt add up to the damage done to my car. Said he is saying i did his back right hand panel on his bumper in. but his chassis and bumper bar are fine so that wasnt me. Anyway onto insurnace today and they told me he's persuing a medical claim too!! Theyre waiting on a report from him. What the hell can I do?! He's being a chancer!

thanks!

You can do nothing. It's a compo culture. The reality is that this guy will claim, get a payment and your insurance will rise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

We have this EXACT situation. A 10 mph shunt, waiting to turn a corner.

Aint nothing you can do but hope he puts on such a show, he gets caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭76544567

Insurance is a funny business.

A guy tipped into the back.of me last year. I got out and the front of his car was hanging off, glass all over the road.
    Had a look at the back of mi e and not a scratch on it.
    I took his details and got witness numbers then took the car for a wash to see if i missed anything.
    Still not a scratch so i just left it. A couple of months later and i find out he's trying to claim off me. I'm told he hasn't a chance though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

76544567 wrote: »
    Insurance is a funny business.

A guy tipped into the back.of me last year. I got out and the front of his car was hanging off, glass all over the road.
    Had a look at the back of mi e and not a scratch on it.
    I took his details and got witness numbers then took the car for a wash to see if i missed anything.
    Still not a scratch so i just left it. A couple of months later and i find out he's trying to claim off me. I'm told he hasn't a chance though.

Why is 'insurance' a funny business from your example? The guy who hit you is the problem here, insurers are obliged to process even the most spurious of claims and hopefully they will use their expertise to kick this fella to touch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

He's a chancer OP, Hopefully he'll tip someone and get rode by them. KARMA!!! Compo culture is rife, insurance companies don't care as they just raise the premiums and make the same profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

He's a chancer OP, Hopefully he'll tip someone and get rode by them. KARMA!!! Compo culture is rife, insurance companies don't care as they just raise the premiums and make the same profit.

Do you see whats wrong with this sentence here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

biko wrote: »
    You can do nothing, except get onto your own insurance company and make sure they get your side of things.

Pity you didn't get the camera phone out,i had similar problems few months ago, mirror on mirror,took snap, informed insurance company,the op was really annoyed ref the pic, but i was afraid he'd add legs onto his story,my insurance co said,if push came to shove pay half the cost of his damage(mirror glass)and he'd pay half mine,op didn't pursue it, although he did get an outrageous quote from local Toyota garage,tried it on,but after i told him i also had a quotation for my cars damage ,he dropped it, sorry for your troubles,he's obviously a bloody chancer,P.s. you can instruct your company,not to pay out,and get a proper assessment etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

We have this EXACT situation. A 10 mph shunt, waiting to turn a corner.

Aint nothing you can do but hope he puts on such a show, he gets caught out.

It's bloody sickening,what's happening ,pride gone south for a lot of ppl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

A guy bumped into the back of me last year. I told him not to worry about it. Now the wife did it shes getting shafted.

Advertisement