Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 520 issues- wont charge

Options
  • 23-03-2017 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi 520 wont charge tried many different cables including original cable cleaned USB port and insert with no joy.... Anyone any tips unit is two years old. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Sounds like it's dead! Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Muller_1

Send it back to Garmin they have a very good repair service and cost is reasonable if out of warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

blueballfc wrote: »
    Hi 520 wont charge tried many different cables including original cable cleaned USB port and insert with no joy.... Anyone any tips unit is two years old. Thanks

just in case... are you certain the USB port on the laptop/computer/tablet is actually ok? I had a case where my phone wouldn't charge from one of the ports but when I switched to another one it started charging immediately.
    Might be worth hooking up another battery-powered device to see if that takes a charge....leave it in for a few mins to see if the %'tge comes up as well, just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blueballfc

andy69 wrote: »
    just in case... are you certain the USB port on the laptop/computer/tablet is actually ok? I had a case where my phone wouldn't charge from one of the ports but when I switched to another one it started charging immediately.
    Might be worth hooking up another battery-powered device to see if that takes a charge....leave it in for a few mins to see if the %'tge comes up as well, just to be sure

The unit is not dead really it seems to charge for 20 minutes and then loose "connection" and then take wont charge anymore. I have tried different computers and USB plugs to no avail...... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If it was easily removeable separately charging the LiPo pack would have a good chance of sorting it but as its a pretty sealed device Id send it to Garmin if under warranty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement