Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels on sw side...Red Cow, Maldron Newlands etc...

Options
  • 23-03-2017 3:51pm

...heading up to Ireland Wales. Have a wife and child who won't be going to the match, but are coming to Dublin. Ideally would let them off at a hotel, maybe give them the car, and head on in.

What's the best hotel around that side of the city? And for getting into the Aviva. Was thinking Red Cow, Luas to Connolly, walk out to Aviva? Presume kinda pointless bringing a car in on a Friday evening, not being able to drink, and spending an hour looking for parking...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

From Clondalkin myself and stayed in the IBIS a few times. Very nice hotel with nice restaurant and bus/luas link beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Might not suit...but the last time I did this I stayed in the ashling hotel near Heuston station it has its own car park..
    I drove up early and headed into match early enough had a few pints and the wife went to the zoo with young lad..Luas is right beside you as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Citywest hotel was fairly nice last time i was there. Family room is EUR 99 for tomorrow night and it has leisure centre / pool etc. Irish rugby team used to use it as a base in the Eddie O'Sullivan era.

Closer to town you have the Hilton in Kilmainham but probably a good bit more expensive.

Thanks for answers. Went for Glashaus in Tallaght. Stayed there before and it's very nice, on the Luas. Will mean an extra 15 mins driving I guess. Prices in Kilmainham that bit more alright.

Advertisement