Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DE head shave

• 23-03-2017 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭

Right so I've a full beard the last 5yrs now. Hair on top has been trimmed down to a blade 2 over 10yrs. Finally started using a Mach 3 with shaving oil on it after Xmas.
    Yesterday I ordered a Muhle R39, badger brush, blade selection, ToBS peppermint shaving bowel, alum and styptic pencil.
    I've been watching a few YouTube vids and reading up on the forum, I know there's a learning curve. Just going to take my time and try not to butcher myself.
    Any other advice welcome. Do many others head shave with a DE?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

Just a little update, started using my DE this morning. Used a Derby blade to get used to it. I tried WTG, XTG, didn't do much. So I went ATG and got a nice close shave. I took my time, took nearly and hour but I didn't butcher myself, so that's a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I've never likes Derby blades and needed something sharper. But then hair isn't as coarse as your beard so go figure. Don't worry about the time spent, you will get much faster in time. Best of luck!

Thanks, I started with the Derby blade to get used to it but it took loads of passes. A sharper blade might get it done quicker but I'll wait till I'm used to it.
    Mightn't help that I only shave once a week, so trim it down with clippers first.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Man your brave, I find it hard enough to shave my head with an electric clippers.

It just seemed like a natural progression. I was sick of only getting 2 shaves from a Mach3 blade, and the price of them

• Advertisement
Advertisement