Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish Passes/Ladders will allow salmon scale River Dodder weirs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

I contacted the fisheries board a while back and they said that they would start work on the 'fisheries rehabilitation' after the flood defence works are finished at Ballsbridge. I think they are nearly done there so hopefully they can start work on it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

jack01986 wrote: »
    I contacted the fisheries board a while back and they said that they would start work on the 'fisheries rehabilitation' after the flood defence works are finished at Ballsbridge. I think they are nearly done there so hopefully they can start work on it soon.

I wonder if there is a Engineers report coming out showing exactly what they will be doing and installing.

I wonder if they will be doing progress reports online like what DCC done for the flood alleviation works. ( http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-water-waste-and-environment-water-projects/flood-defence-unit-lower-dodder-flood )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I spoke with some of the team at the end of last year.
    The project is still at the early research stage.

When I hear more I'll post.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

coolwings wrote: »
    I spoke with some of the team at the end of last year.
    The project is still at the early research stage.

When I hear more I'll post.

I hope to see the day that Salmon and Sea Trout make it all the way up to
    bohernabreena stretch of the river to spawn. That would truly be amazing.:)

Advertisement