Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smooth vs Patent Dr Martens boots - can't decide!

Options
  • 23-03-2017 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I have owned a pair of Dr Martens black patent 1460s for four years now. I find them great in our wet, temperate Irish weather and they fit in well with my wardrobe of skinny jeans and jumpers/cardigans. I also own a recently purchased pair of 1461s in smooth black leather.

Now, my patent 1460s are coming onto their last legs so I would like to purchase another pair of 1460s in the near future, but am struggling to decide between repurchasing the patent or going for the smooth this time.

I love the wipe-clean finish of the patent, they are pretty much waterproof and they're a refreshing take on the smooth black 1460s I see everyone and their mother wearing. On the other hand, I'd like to get the smooth 1460s for a change in boot, they are popular for a reason, they're classic and look like they wear better over time. They'd still be able to withstand the rain but I already have the 1461s in smooth leather so I don't really want to be doubling up.

Which ones should I go for? Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated!!

Advertisement