Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PowerMaxPro wireless alarm.

Options
  • 23-03-2017 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Had trouble with this alarm a year ago. Called a guy out because it was saying not ready trouble.He pressed a few buttons and it was sorted.Now same thing has happened again.Does anyone know if I could sort it myself without calling someone out again.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

liz72 wrote: »
    Had trouble with this alarm a year ago. Called a guy out because it was saying not ready trouble.He pressed a few buttons and it was sorted.Now same thing has happened again.Does anyone know if I could sort it myself without calling someone out again.
    Thanks.

Can you press the ok button a few times but listen then press it again till it is finished saying any faults.
    Then let us know what it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 liz72

altor wrote: »
    Can you press the ok button a few times but listen then press it again till it is finished saying any faults.
    Then let us know what it says.

Hi
    It's saying communication failure.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you a dialler or a GSM dialler on this system?
    Could be the sim card has expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 liz72

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you a dialler or a GSM dialler on this system?
    Could be the sim card has expired.

I did have but the alarm still worked without it.The guy that came out to fix it pressed a few buttons and it was ready to arm again.Can I not just reset it again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have the engineer code for this system?
    You would need engineer access to remove the communications settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

liz72 wrote: »
    I did have but the alarm still worked without it.The guy that came out to fix it pressed a few buttons and it was ready to arm again.Can I not just reset it again.

All depends on what he did.
    If you are having a communication issue you could replace the sim if used.

Advertisement