Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probation after 4 years out of college.

Options
  • 23-03-2017 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Does anyone here have experience of getting to the their probation (dip) more than 4 years after leaving college. After graduating in 2014, i have done loads of sub work in various rural and urban schools. As well as this, I am not limiting myself, and am applying to jobs in schools in every county. However, despite this, i have only been called to 3 interviews, and have yet to be offered a job. I have had principals look over my standard application form and CV, and they say it's good, and that if I had the dip it'd be stronger. However, not having the dip is very demotivating, particularly when people who I outperformed in every module and teaching practice in college sailed into a job the summer after leaving college and have been in continuous employment since.

Just wondering how to stay interested in the never ending job search.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

bit confused, do you have a dip or pme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

judeboy101 wrote: »
    bit confused, do you have a dip or pme?

I assume they are a qualified primary teacher but need to complete the "dip" year, which is a probation period post qualification where you have to be inspected a couple of times. I think it's you need a min 100 days in a position to apply for it, but it can be done in two blocks of 50 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LittleBrick

Yeah, I'm qualified primary teacher. Still need to complete my 100 day probation (dip) period of 100 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭gavwaldo

i know it's tough but just stick in there. good buddy of mine is doing a mat leave now in dublin so gonna get his dip this year. took him a few years longer than you are now. he bit the bullet and moved to dublin as they're crying out for subs up there as so expensive to live in. he did 5/6 interviews up there before he got it. he'll leave dublin as soon as he has the dip. best of luck.

Advertisement