Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny v Waterford

Options
  • 23-03-2017 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I was just wondering if anyone would have any advice re:public maternity care in Kilkenny or Waterford! Would appreciate any advice from anyone who has experienced either option.I'm midway between the 2, I probably know more about Kilkenny but the high section rate is offputting! Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Don't know anything about Kilkenny but had my babies public in Waterford.
    The biggest downside I found was the appointments-everyone gets the same time and then it's first come first served and can involve a couple of hours waiting around. I'd just bring a book and prepare myself for a wait and I didn't mind too much then!

Have no complaints about the care I received, midwives and doctors were all great. Each time I was on a public ward after having the baby but the wards only had 4 beds in total so nothing too busy. I didn't have any sections so can't comment on that.

Can't think of anything else but if you've specific questions happy to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SunshineCat

Sped11: what hospital did you end up going with and what was your experience or advice? I am in similar situation in needing to choose waterford or kilkenny

Advertisement