Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Do you mean like buying xbox points using phone credit?

No, carrier billing where you use credit to buy direct from the play store or with billpay they add it to your bill.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    No, carrier billing where you use credit to buy direct from the play store or with billpay they add it to your bill.

No with Eir, only can be done with Three and Vodafone in Ireland, but you have alternative methods of payment on that link, maybe Paypal, Revolut debit card or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

The wife finished her bill pay with Meteor/Eir the other day she sent the text but only got calls and data no texts anybody else have this problem

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭TetraSonic55

nava wrote: »

No with Eir, only can be done with Three and Vodafone in Ireland, but you have alternative methods of payment on that link, maybe Paypal, Revolut debit card or similar.

Thanks for letting me know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Marty Bird wrote: »
    The wife finished her bill pay with Meteor/Eir the other day she sent the text but only got calls and data no texts anybody else have this problem

I think data, texs and calls are only for new Eir customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I think data, texs and calls are only for new Eir customers.

I think is the other way around, the €20 for Unlimited Text/Calls and 15GB of data is only for new customer porting over, but I think in previous post existing customers were also getting it, some ported out for a few days and back to Eir to get the offer.

EDIT: I just noticed the plan even has Switch and Save on the top left.
    430677.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

nava wrote: »
    I think is the other way around, the €20 for Unlimited Text/Calls and 15GB of data is only for new customer porting over, but I think in previous post existing customers were also getting it, some ported out for a few days and back to Eir to get the offer.

EDIT: I just noticed the plan even has Switch and Save on the top left.
    430677.png

Strange the daughter done exactly the same as the wife and she got it.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

Finally out of contract with Eir, ported to Vodafone for all of two hours. The bloke in Eir had the deal all setup when handing me the new SIM card. Old SIM went dead within 20 minutes then I topped up the new Eir SIM. Got a simply unlimited text to verify the deal was active, happy days.

Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Anyone else think that because you don't opt into this plan they would change it in the future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I Just signed up to Eir but went for the 35 euro a month deal which in hindsight seems a bit pricey, do you reckon they would change me on to this deal?
    The sim is only being delivered today?
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Can someone clarify if the unlimited calls and texts on the switch and save offer is to all networks and landline or just eir numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Can someone clarify if the unlimited calls and texts on the switch and save offer is to all networks and landline or just eir numbers?

All networks :)

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    All networks :)

And landlines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

And landlines?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Are the free calls and texts to any network or just eir network?

tiny timy wrote: »
    Are the free calls and texts to any network or just eir network?

Yes , all networks, all landlines, calls and texts.

Thanks for the replys... Meant to ask, how their network is compared to Vodafone for coverage, black spots and speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Thanks for the replys... Meant to ask, how their network is compared to Vodafone for coverage, black spots and speeds

I get 4g nearly everywhere in dublin, including the entire port tunnel and the side of remote gaa pitches over most of leinster at weekends.

Incomparable coming from tescomobile which had worst mobile coverage Ive ever had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

In Kerry it's not quite as good but the difference in price makes it palatable. That being said it's fine in urban areas and the data speeds are good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Vodafone is slightly better, especially out near edges of the country or sparsely populated places. But they charge a fortune. It is much better than three and their off springs, whereby you might get lots of signal but very poor data speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭sibersha

I am currently on Eir Bill Pay.
    I've just placed an order online with Vodafone to have my number ported to Vodafone on Monday. They tell me, they will contact Eir to cancel my contract (30 day rolling).

So the plan is to bring my new ported Vodafone sim into Eir next week and ask to be ported back to Eir and activate the offer.

My question is, will I be able to port to Eir even though I am technically serving out my 30 day bill notice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭homingbird

I got the sim in the post & tried to join the 50gb data plan by texting 180 Days to 50104 0n my phone it said i cant join & contact customer care. What did i do wrong i didnt topup yet as i thought the text would work before topping up.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Vodafone is slightly better, especially out near edges of the country or sparsely populated places.

Not where I am. Poxy edge all day everyday. Only when you go into the town does it hit 3g/4g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey folks, is this the best "downside free" payg deal out there at the mo? By downside, I mean, I know lyca offer the same domestic allowances for €15/pm, but don't allow EU roaming and then there's the hassle of having a UK number assigned to you while in the UK and the top up can be a pain in the ass etc too. I think there's a decent VF deal going too, but you have to jump through a few hoops to get it.

I'm with eir myself and have no problems at all, I'm on the business unlimited plan for €25+ VAT per month which suits me, but looking into a hassle free solution for someone else who doesn't need the inclusive UK calls etc too.

Is there any way to get this deal without having the hassle of topping up? Just to set it up with direct debit and get a monthly bill that's taken so you don't need to remember to top up every 28 days and just keep it rolling month to month? If not, does anyone know the next best deal that is completely hassle/downside free and is bill pay with unlimted calls/texts/data as well as EU allowance?

Any feedback would be great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

cormie wrote: »
    Hey folks, is this the best "downside free" payg deal out there at the mo? By downside, I mean, I know lyca offer the same domestic allowances for €15/pm, but don't allow EU roaming and then there's the hassle of having a UK number assigned to you while in the UK and the top up can be a pain in the ass etc too. I think there's a decent VF deal going too, but you have to jump through a few hoops to get it.

I'm with eir myself and have no problems at all, I'm on the business unlimited plan for €25+ VAT per month which suits me, but looking into a hassle free solution for someone else who doesn't need the inclusive UK calls etc too.

Is there any way to get this deal without having the hassle of topping up? Just to set it up with direct debit and get a monthly bill that's taken so you don't need to remember to top up every 28 days and just keep it rolling month to month? If not, does anyone know the next best deal that is completely hassle/downside free and is bill pay with unlimted calls/texts/data as well as EU allowance?

Any feedback would be great :)

You can set up a top up schedule via the my eir app if that helps. Eg auto top up by €20 every 28 days. I have never used it but I presume it would work the way you want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Went to Tesco for 2 weeks.
    Went back go Eir. Topped up 20 for the unlimited deal. Didn't get it.
    Rang customer care. They activated it.

Wouldn't it have been much easier to just give it to existing customers???

Did you try texting to opt in before moving? You need to opt in. That's why you didn't get it. People in this thread have got it as an existing customer by just texting 20unlimited to 50104

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Did you try texting to opt in before moving? You need to opt in. That's why you didn't get it. People in this thread have got it as an existing customer by just texting 20unlimited to 50104

just tried this doesnt work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

Can anyone confirm if Eir Wifi calling is activated on this plan?
    Would be a solution for a family member if this is possible.
    Any bill pay option I've looked at doesn't have the same allowances as this deal, but wifi calling is needed.

wifi calling is for bill pay only I think. the optin 20unlimited stopped working in Sept but you could ask via chat. If that doesn't work, a quick port out and back in will solve it.

Yep. Said message not recognised.

Also tried as existing customer before this drama.

Offer also said no opt in required.

Have to switch for a few weeks then go back -by then the offer be gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Zico ! wrote: »
    Have to switch for a few weeks then go back -by then the offer be gone

There's been a few above who switched over for a few hours and then switched back. Is there any reason this wouldn't work?

If you switch with pre pay credit do you keep it with new company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭tanka006

Many thanks to all who posted om this thread.....

Signed up today for my wife in an Rir store - no problems was ported within 30 minutes - also rang customer service correct plan & price... all good

My help request is that i would like to setup a recurring payment plan instead of having to ring to top up

Is there anything automatic - either direct debit, credit card etc.

I cant find anything - as we could with 48 network?

Thank You

Tanka

tanka006 wrote: »
    Many thanks to all who posted om this thread.....

Signed up today for my wife in an Rir store - no problems was ported within 30 minutes - also rang customer service correct plan & price... all good

My help request is that i would like to setup a recurring payment plan instead of having to ring to top up

Is there anything automatic - either direct debit, credit card etc.

I cant find anything - as we could with 48 network?

Thank You

Tanka

Thought i read it in this thread that you can set up what you are looking for in the eir app.

Stand to be corrected, but worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

tiny timy wrote: »
    Thought i read it in this thread that you can set up what you are looking for in the eir app.

Stand to be corrected, but worth a look.

Just login to eir account and you can see it there and are able to automate ut.

Just to note this is a 28 day account. It is not monthly. Eir allow a 28 day setup to automate money going in as well as a monthly. Meteor didnt have that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭tanka006

Thanks Guys,

In the end i called customer service & unlike yesterday I got a very helpful Guy - 5 mins all setup - took credit card details & it will automatically renew @ €20 every 28 days

Just if anyone has same request

Tanka

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭sibersha

Got signed up after porting over to Vodafone for a couple of hours.

If you want to set up a recurring payment you can do so in My Eir App - Top Up - Saved Numbers & Scheduled Top Ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Any one have issues activating imessage on an apple device ?
    I ported over this morning, topped up by €20 and got the text message to say I am on the new €20 deal.
    I then topped up by €5 more and I can see that in my balance online as its shows €5 but when I try to activate imessage I just get an error has occurred.

Sorted : Took a few goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I just activated a Meteor SIM I've had for a few months. It goes to Eir now. Is it still possible to get Unlimited Texts, Calls and Data for €20? The Eir website suggests it's only 2 of the 3. Thanks!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I just activated a Meteor SIM I've had for a few months. It goes to Eir now. Is it still possible to get Unlimited Texts, Calls and Data for €20? The Eir website suggests it's only 2 of the 3. Thanks!

It does look like the offer has indeed finished, that’s a shame as it was a great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

If you have a porting offer SIM ( would have been written on the pack) then you should get the deal once topped up.

The roaming is now 8.2Gb in EU

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭phester28

Has it ended for porting to eir. I asked in the store the other day and they said they had not been informed of any finish date and not to worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

phester28 wrote: »
    Has it ended for porting to eir. I asked in the store the other day and they said they had not been informed of any finish date and not to worry about it.

It's not on the website anymore.
    Still some good enough offers though, 10/m for unlimited calls is great offer for some people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

TheDriver wrote: »
    The roaming is now 8.2Gb in EU

Are eir any good for roaming though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Are eir any good for roaming though?

Perfect as far as I can tell .Used it in UK and Denmark over the last 2 weeks ,couldnt fault it.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    It's not on the website anymore.
    Still some good enough offers though, 10/m for unlimited calls is great offer for some people

Yip,I put a few elderly relatives on this offer. They don’t do texts or social media.
    They are delighted with their new bill of 10 euro a month and can “ring whoever we like “

Roaming is full 4g, lashings of speed. I had no issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Is this offer gone ?

Not on website but said I'll ask just incase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

jeffk wrote: »
    Is this offer gone ?

Not on website but said I'll ask just incase

Yes gone now.

Advertisement