Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

It seams to be still available. Judging from quotes above . It does say while stocks last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

SeanPammer wrote: »
    Where?

I have the Meteor app on iPhone but there's no auto top up option (or any other top up options)

You have to register with My Meteor then log in and hunt around and you,ll see different options for topping up.

Does anyone know do you need to top up with 20 euro in one go to get the deal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

castle2012 wrote: »
    Does anyone know do you need to top up with 20 euro in one go to get the deal ?

You do yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

SeanPammer wrote: »
    Where?

I have the Meteor app on iPhone but there's no auto top up option (or any other top up options)

I use Meteor top up app,from play store and there is an option to schedule top up.

I just went onto the google store on my mobile and was in awe when i clcked on the meteor top up add,if you click on permissions under storage it has....modify or delete the contents of your USB storage.Gives consent to read phone status and identity recieve data from internet,view network connections,send sticky broadcast,full network broadcast,run at startup,control vibration,prevent the device from sleeping

I saw the 20 euro deal advertised on the box tonight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭Esel

TheDriver wrote: »
    The box?

20th century technology, something called television, apparently. :)

Not your ornery onager

Ahhhhh, blonde moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Penguin3029

Sorry to be a pain! I saw some confusion in the thread over what's covered and not. Could someone in the know post a concise covered/not covered by this deal please?

Sorry to be a pain! I saw some confusion in the thread over what's covered and not. Could someone in the know post a concise covered/not covered by this deal please?

Free calls to mobiles and landlines,free texts and 15 GB of internet,NO ROAMING INCLUDED IN THIS DEAL ...
    From meteors website...The €30 simplicity plan for €20 offer is available on Meteor 4G Simplicity when a customer switches their number to Meteor. Offer available in store only until the 31st of March or while stocks last. Offer includes unlimited calls, texts and 15GB of data plus unlimited access to YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp & Viber Messaging without eating into your data. YouTube access available until 30th June 2017. Fair usage applies. Not applicable with any other offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Is this still available? Would like to change over tomorrow.

Apparently so but check instore first, especially screens

Is this still available? Would like to change over tomorrow.

Check in store tomorrow or go onto the meteor website now and see is the livechat available where you can ask them..

I switched in the Henry St store today so it's still running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭vickers209

anyone already on meteor manage to get this offér

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

vickers209 wrote: »
    anyone already on meteor manage to get this offér
    Id be surprised if they did tbh as this deal is there to attract people on to the meteor network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭torrevieja

does the you tube unlimited offer end the 30th june ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Switched today. She had the SIM out before she asked me if i was an existing customer or not, so maybe would have gotten it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I got one today too, it's a special porting sim pack, so I guess the offer runs until the shop runs out.
    Went in to Carphone Warehouse in Claremorris as they are listed as my local Meteor agent.
    I asked some bat in there if they had the switching offer sim, as per the Meteor stores. She told me that there was no such offer and that they would have the offer if Meteor had it, and besides if it wasn't on the Meteor website then it didn't exist. blah blah.
    Drove another 20 miles to the Meteor store in Castlebar, and nice lady said they had a "good few" of those sims left.

I am a Meteor prepay customer on €20 plan unlimited calls and 15Gb data, went into Meteor store yesterday and asked if I leave Meteor and port back can I get offer, he told me no need to, just text 20unlimited to 50104 and you in, did so and got text to say top up by €20 to ger unlimited calls, texts and 15gb data, happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭DopeTech

meathman0 wrote: »
    I am a Meteor prepay customer on €20 plan unlimited calls and 15Gb data, went into Meteor store yesterday and asked if I leave Meteor and port back can I get offer, he told me no need to, just text 20unlimited to 50104 and you in, did so and got text to say top up by €20 to ger unlimited calls, texts and 15gb data, happy days.

Did they ask you for your number or can anyone on meteor just text this number?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Did they ask you for your number or can anyone on meteor just text this number?

Didn't ask me anything, if you are a Meteor prepay customer anyone can text.

meathman0 wrote: »

anyone try this yet

I'm afraid to commit to this currently have €10 add on for 15gb of 3G data per month with free meteor to meteor calls and texts

Be worth it for 4G and all calls and texts as long as it was for life and not just for 6 months @€;20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭polaris68

vickers209 wrote: »
    anyone try this yet

I'm afraid to commit to this currently have €10 add on for 15gb of 3G data per month with free meteor to meteor calls and texts

Be worth it for 4G and all calls and texts as long as it was for life and not just for 6 months @€;20

I was previously on their €20 plan which included 15gb data, unlimited calls but not texts. These cost me an additional 15c per text.

I texted 20unlimited and got this reply:

"Thanks for choosing Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins + Texts and 15GB Data 20e. To get started you will need to have 20 euro credit"

I topped up with €20 and am now on that plan. Sent a text there and my additional credit was unchanged.

Does it seem that they are going to transition to a €20 all included model like Tesco but don't want to make it that obvious yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Did the same 20unlimited text and got this reply
    "Thanks for choosing Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins + Texts and 15GB Data 20e. To get started you will need to have 20 waitfor a confirmation text to let you know your offer is active before you start to use. Your offer will automatically renew every 30 days
    Happy days i say
    Then got the confirmation text
    " Your Simply Unlimited Any Network Minutes and 15GB Data offer is now active for the next 30 days and 20 euro has been deducted from your account. To check the number of days remaining on your offer at any time freetext 'offer' to 50104. Enjoy! "
    No mention of unlimited text though????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭polaris68

No mention of unlimited text though????

Try texting "offer" to 50104.

Just did it now and got the following reply:

"You are currently on our Simply Unlimited Any Net Mins + Texts + 15GB Data 20e 4G offer, you have 29 days remaining on this network offer. Fair usage limit applies, for terms and conditions see www.meteor.ie'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

So I could have sent a text, rather than a 50 mile round trip to my "nearest" Meteor store for a new "offer sim". :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just texted 20unlimited to 50104 on a spare meteor sim and got text back saying I'd have unlimited any network calls, texts and 15gb data when I top up by €20 so offer is still on.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

FrostyJim wrote:
    Just texted 20unlimited to 50104 on a spare meteor sim and got text back saying I'd have unlimited any network calls, texts and 15gb data when I top up by €20 so offer is still on.

I topped up by €20 it activated but minus the texts

text the code to 50104 at 8 this morning but still got no text to confirm change

I topped up by €20 it activated but minus the texts

Did you text the code to 50104, and get the reply then asking you to top up by €20?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Did you text the code to 50104, and get the reply then asking you to top up by €20?

YES I sent the text to that but got noting back
    I text offer to 50104 and got back I am on meteor talk and text plan still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

When you log in to mymeteor what offer does it show as active?

Ten Pin wrote: »
    When you log in to mymeteor what offer does it show as active?

My Plan & Offers

My Current Plan:

Pre-Pay Anytime Choice

My Current Offer:

PAYG Free Talk and Text

Anyone know what would happen if you miss the top up deadline by a week or so? Does it reactivate once you top up again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

My Plan & Offers
    My Current Plan:
    Pre-Pay Anytime Choice
    My Current Offer:
    PAYG Free Talk and Text
    I think that's an old plan.

DON'T try this if you still have an active add-on or days left in a current offer. In fact it's best to try it when you have zero credit and top up afterwards when you're sure its all set up correctly.

You probably need to opt in to Simplicity plan. It should let you do that in mymeteor. Then text '20unlimited' to 50104 and see if it works.

DON'T try this if you still have an active add-on or days left in a current offer. In fact it's best to try it when you have zero credit and top up afterwards when you're sure its all set up correctly.

You probably need to opt in to Simplicity plan. It should let you do that in mymeteor. Then text '20unlimited' to 50104 and see if it works.

Have 24 days left and an add on aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just got the deal at a Meteor store in Liffey Valley.

Signed up for this deal last week. Have to get the wife in next to sign up .great deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Can anyone please explain how roaming works out with this offer? I'm confused i go to Spain frequently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Is using YouTube whilst tethering still not eating into your data allowance?

Looking at Vodafone x deal .the meteor deal is far better value .you get a lot more for your 20 quid

Could someone who got a sim in store post what their My Meteor says their plan is please? I opted in via text and want to make sure it's the same, thx.

Can anyone please explain how roaming works out with this offer? I'm confused i go to Spain frequently

There is no roaming included so I assume you'd be charged for whatever you use, or else you could just add on a roaming add-on

https://www.meteor.ie/roaming/#

Could someone who got a sim in store post what their My Meteor says their plan is please? I opted in via text and want to make sure it's the same, thx.

Mine says Pre-Pay Meteor Simplicity

Correct, this works.

It's a fantastic deal.

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Correct, this works.

It's a fantastic deal.

do you not have to wait 30 days before to you can change plan again?

Advertisement