Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    6.3 is what you can use roaming.
    15 overall allowance.

Thanks for that....For my own interest i went onto their web chat there and was just told the limit would not be confired until first week in June.....So still would be wary of what is being communicated at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

What difference with 3 network pay as you go?Am I missing something.You get all you can eat data and top up 28 day's.I'm really only interested in internet not calls.Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Does the data roaming only apply from the 15th of June?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The limits have been published though, they are in the link in my post further up. I revived it in a text message a few days ago. Customer care simply confirmed that we are entitled to the €30 data limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

texas star wrote: »
    What difference with 3 network pay as you go?Am I missing something.You get all you can eat data and top up 28 day's.I'm really only interested in internet not calls.Thanks

The calls are a big difference. I know they don't matter to you but with meteor it's free any network calls. With three its three to three only. Or 38c a minute for other network. That's 52mins for the 20 euro credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

Just to let anyone know this is still working. Annoyed that they're 28 deals but the free calls makes it completely worth it.

Meteor have flawless internet in all the years I've used them. Considered trying ID with their 15 euro deal and asked to see the staffs phones, all said 3G. They said because we were in a building, yet I had 4G.

edit: This deal is unbelievable. What's the deal with the Social bundle data? Does that replenish every month? From what I can tell you can make youtube playlists for music so this is practically the same as spotify premium....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I thought I'd chance my arm and see if I could downgrade from my €25 a month sim only regular extra 4g to this plan, I got a good few reasons why I shouldn't bother and I very nearly left it at that but the customer care agent said I could get a discount and stay on my current plan for €20 a month for 6 months, from my next bill date. Delighted! Thanks meteor :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,594 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Why do people pick sim only plan when exact same payg is cheaper? What's the advantage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

TheDriver wrote: »
    Why do people pick sim only plan when exact same payg is cheaper? What's the advantage?
    My SIM only plan includes EU calls and data.?25 per month so not a huge difference I might chance to payg whenever they announce the changes in June regarding roaming.

chipfox wrote: »
    Just to let anyone know this is still working. Annoyed that they're 28 deals but the free calls makes it completely worth it.

Meteor have flawless internet in all the years I've used them. Considered trying ID with their 15 euro deal and asked to see the staffs phones, all said 3G. They said because we were in a building, yet I had 4G.

edit: This deal is unbelievable. What's the deal with the Social bundle data? Does that replenish every month? From what I can tell you can make youtube playlists for music so this is practically the same as spotify premium....

Just be careful with the Youtube playlists from June!!

From the T+C's:
    What are the offer terms?
    Available on Meteor 4G Simplicity. Includes unlimited access to the most popular sites plus 15GB of data. Unlimited YouTube available until 30th June 2017. See here for full terms and fair usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Not the same. €20 sim only gets me a good mixtures of data, voice and txt. 20 prepay you only get 2 out of 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Not the same. €20 sim only gets me a good mixtures of data, voice and txt. 20 prepay you only get 2 out of 3.

WRONG im on the 20 euro a month simplicity plan soon to be 28 day payg and you get free calls texts and 15 GB of data ...

https://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/payg-switch/ and the offer is still being advertised .

p.s you dont get free roaming on this plan ..

No but you get all calls, texts and 6.4 Gb data in EU

No but you get all calls, texts and 6.4 Gb data in EU

Interesting have you got a link as never heard of that when i signed up,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

damon5 wrote: »
    https://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/payg-switch/ and the offer is still being advertised .

p.s you dont get free roaming on this plan ..

Quick question, I'm a current meteor customer but my contract has expired (I'm on a €30 a month with 1gb of data plan) would I be eligible for this do you think? Or do you have to be switching from another network?

Thanks!

bigronnie9 wrote: »
    Quick question, I'm a current meteor customer but my contract has expired (I'm on a €30 a month with 1gb of data plan) would I be eligible for this do you think? Or do you have to be switching from another network?

Thanks!

Not to familiar with all this stuff but scroll down to FAC on yhis link and its looking to me should be ok
    https://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/simplicity/

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

Not to familiar with all this stuff but scroll down to FAC on yhis link and its looking to me should be ok
    https://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/simplicity/

That does look promising, ill call into them in the morning thanks!

https://www.meteor.ie/simply-eu/

New EU roaming regs from June 15th, all call and text bundles and a proportion of data can be used as at home. The above link shows 6.3gb of data for €30 pm top ups. Meteor reps confirmed on the forum that €20 for €30 gets the 6.3gb and not 4.2

• Advertisement

bigronnie9 wrote: »
    That does look promising, ill call into them in the morning thanks!
    Good luck and dont take no for an answer as the employees in most shops didnt know their arse from their elbow elbow when i went in to enquire about the offer they said no such thing,they had an LCD advertising screen with the offer just 10 ft away from him advertising it,what can you say ......

New EU roaming regs from June 15th, all call and text bundles and a proportion of data can be used as at home. The above link shows 6.3gb of data for €30 pm top ups. Meteor reps confirmed on the forum that €20 for €30 gets the 6.3gb and not 4.2
    Many thanks for that Thephantomsmask will come in very handy ...

I got a text few days ago with that link

I got a text few days ago with that link

Never got it myself but sure good is good ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

i have a question folks if i go to spain tomorrow and use up my 6.3gb data and then come back home ireland is the 15gb gone ie do i have the 9gb still ?

You would have the 9GB, it comes out of the bundle. Same if you go abroad at the end of your month and only have 2Gb left, they will charge you after that 2GB

cool i normally bring a mifi with mE AND my ipad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Another thing to note is that the Social Usage is likely Ireland only.

And check with Meteor that you are setup to receive both domestic and Roaming page redirects.

Social usage is indeed Ireland only. What do u mean by page redirect?

• Advertisement

Another thing to note is that the Social Usage is likely Ireland only.

And check with Meteor that you are setup to receive both domestic and Roaming page redirects.

Hi Wild Can u elaborate bit on the above ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Moved my wife to this as it seems s good deal but what's the story with vm and with UK calls will she need extra credit for these ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Cyrus wrote: »
    Moved my wife to this as it seems s good deal but what's the story with vm and with UK calls will she need extra credit for these ?

Yes, only national landlines and mobiles included. Voicemail is also extra as far as I remember.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yes, only national landlines and mobiles included. Voicemail is also extra as far as I remember.

Ok thanks

Change the voicemail number from 171 to 08*5YourNumber. Press # and then pin. Treated as a free call

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mazzybabsxx

Cyrus wrote: »

Hey can I ask you when did you switch over? Only came across this board recently and was annoyed as I thought I missed out. I'm hoping they have extended it. So fed up with TM.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Its on the main page of their website, u cant miss it

The deal is still on. I switched myself about 6 weeks ago. Extremely impressed with the data. It's very very fast. I often get download speeds over 50mbps.
    Good advice from @TheDriver about the VM. You also get 100 free international texts if you download the My Meteor app and send them from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mazzybabsxx

Thanks a million, can't believe I didn't see that on the site lol. Going to head in and pick up a sim, just have to donate all my credit I've built up first lol.

Thanks a million, can't believe I didn't see that on the site lol. Going to head in and pick up a sim, just have to donate all my credit I've built up first lol.

I had 8 euro. I donated it to bumbalance. It's a children's ambulance for terminally ill kids. Wasn't letting three off with it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Deal is great but coverage is so bad in my house and work that I have to switch after just 2 months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

I ported from Vodafone to Meteor to get this deal, I signed up online to get my PAYG meteor sim card. I went into the meteor store today to sign up, they told me they can't do it as I had to keep my vodafone number before switching instore to the €20 deal.

Is there a way around this? Will I have to port back to vodafone and return to the store with a working vodafone account before I can switch? I'm on the 15gb and unlimited calls deal at the moment.

Any advice would be welcome, thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the problem sorted.

Its in first few pages, existing customers availing of this offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Its in first few pages, existing customers availing of this offer

Cheers, just got it sorted there now. Just had to text 20unlimited to 50104

I'll highlight that in bold in case anyone else is wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I had 8 euro. I donated it to bumbalance. It's a children's ambulance for terminally ill kids. Wasn't letting three off with it

Can you confirm how you managed to donate your credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can you confirm how you managed to donate your credit?

From Bumbleance.com
    HELP NOW! Text Buzz to 50300 (Text costs €4)

Text costs €4. BUMBLEance will receive a minimum of €3.25.

Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 076 6805278.
    Thank You!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Signed up for this today online, seemingly the last day of it. They will send out the sims, and I can activate / port later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

MarkR wrote: »
    Signed up for this today online, seemingly the last day of it. They will send out the sims, and I can activate / port later.

Who said its the last day of it?

Ive a week left on Vodafone and was going to go into a shop next weekend, but you can get sim today and port say next week online?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

jeffk wrote: »
    Who said its the last day of it?

Ive a week left on Vodafone and was going to go into a shop next weekend, but you can get sim today and port say next week online?

The support rep I was speaking to said today was the last day. Not sure is that the truth, but she said it was.

Cost me nothing to get the sim(s), must as well order it I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

The support rep I was speaking to said today was the last day. Not sure is that the truth, but she said it was.

Cost me nothing to get the sim(s), must as well order it I would say.

AH cool.

Ordered my sim there just in case and hopefully just send the text monday or tuesday and get the offer :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Hope it's not as was planning to change next week. Big banner ad for it is still on their website anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement