Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared access on property

Options
  • 23-03-2017 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Looking to purchase a property at present that has a shared access.

What I mean by this is, the property has a single entrance on the property land. On one side of the property perimeter is a gate that leads into a field.

This field has another access gate on the opposite side that is accessible from the main road.

My understanding is the owner of the field does not want to give up this access for whatever reason and uses it once a year to maintain this right.

I know nothing about this type of situation or what it could mean if I purchase the property.

I would of course like to close this access off as I have kids Ild like to secure in.

Would appreciate any advice or explanation on what this means to me if I purchase the property .

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sorry OP you need legal advice and that's not permitted on boards. Talk to your solicitor about the right of way issue (rather than shared access).

Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement