Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamping lamp recommendation

• 24-03-2017 8:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5

Hi All, looking for advice on a rifle mounted lamp that when l shine it out to the field the rabbits wont start heading for the ditch straight away. lve an LED lamp at mo but l think the light us too sharp white or bright and the little wh00res give me no chance at all for a steady shot. any recommendations? must be scope mounted. and anyone around Tipp Kk that could give a demo would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Hi All, looking for advice on a rifle mounted lamp that when l shine it out to the field the rabbits wont start heading for the ditch straight away. lve an LED lamp at mo but l think the light us too sharp white or bright and the little wh00res give me no chance at all for a steady shot. any recommendations? must be scope mounted. and anyone around Tipp Kk that could give a demo would be great.

I use a red led lamp from ludicrous lumens in the uk.
    You can focus the beam in or out of you think it's too sharp.
    No problem hitting bunnies out to 100 yards plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Red or anything else other than white is good. Haveing said that I know plenty of bunnies are shot under white light.
    The problem is that bunnies will get educated regardless of the light colour and 'hop it' as soon as their lit up. The trick I was shown was to use the edge of the light beam and not the centre were most of the light is focused. This is difficult with a gun mounted scope and is easy to a degree with a hand held light but it's still difficult on your own.
    At least with fox your calling them in or holding their attention for a more contrived shot.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101166492

Check out above thread for the set up I'm using - this goes on my .22 and .243

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 Timmy the Dog

Thanks CookieMonster, Bogwoppit for the advice and the additional review on the T67. Its a lot cheaper than the NM400 which was on my radar some time ago. I wasn't sure how good the red or green LED's were and was afraid to bite. I'm gearing towards the green led (grass being green and all that) and they out of stock at the moment from that ebay link. I wont be dropping any foxes with my .22 right now and rabbits are the main focus AS THE PLACE IS CRAWLING WITH THEM at night around me. If anyone else has any suggestions I'll be glad to hear em. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭DogfoxCork

I use a lightforce 170 HID...you can see the entire fox and surroundings past 500yds without a filter and with one it only takes about 15% of your range (we use an amber filter so cant comment on how much range the red or blue ones lose) but its still clear as day.
    sometimes we dont even bother with the filter as if they havnt been lamped before they dont know what to make of its intensity....we call it....the death ray...*mic drop*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 Timmy the Dog

DogfoxCork wrote: »
    I use a lightforce 170 HID...you can see the entire fox and surroundings past 500yds without a filter and with one it only takes about 15% of your range (we use an amber filter so cant comment on how much range the red or blue ones lose) but its still clear as day.
    sometimes we dont even bother with the filter as if they havnt been lamped before they dont know what to make of its intensity....we call it....the death ray...*mic drop*

Hahaha....thats classic DogFox...."death ray" :) Sounds like thats the ultimate setup. l must Google and Youtube it to see what its about fully. Having it for my .22 might be a bit of over kill tho and it might be something for a 243 or so in the future. lm going to give the TX67 a go as suggested earlier.....and get the 3 leds.... load up the magazine and keep firing till they disappear! thanks again lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement