Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist dies in Dublin following city centre road crash

Options
  • 24-03-2017 9:04am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭

A CYCLIST HAS died after being knocked off his bike in the early hours of this morning.

The man in his 40s was injured on Patrick Street in Dublin city centre at around 12.45am this morning. He was removed by ambulance to St James’ Hospital where he was later pronounced dead. The driver of the car was not injured.

http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-cyclist-death-road-crash-3304050-Mar2017/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Condolences to the cyclist's family and all who loved him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Heard it on the news this morning, condolences to the family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

RIP. Terrible news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Sincere condolences to the cyclists family and loved ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

RIP and condolences to family and friends of the deceased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Terrible news and RIP to the cyclist and all who knew him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: This is a condolence thread, while I know we are a discussion site, there is a time and a place for such related discussion. Those threads are elsewhere on the forum, this one is not for that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

From one cyclist in his 40's to another - sincere condolences - it could have been any of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Very sad news. Condolences to the man's family and friends and may he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭park500

RIP,condolences to family+friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Dreadful news. Deepest sympathies to those he has left behind. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

A terrible thing to happen. My condolences to the cyclists family and his loved ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭a148pro

Disgusted to say I knew this cyclist well. Paul was one of the good guys. Qualified as an accountant and a lawyer and could have made his millions somewhere soulless but chose instead to go off to work for Goal in Africa, and later in criminal legal aid. He had a big heart and a committed social conscience. It was a measure of his lack of ego that he made light of the fact that he had done three marathons just minutes outside the fabled three hour mark. Most people wouldn't be able to get over that, but he just laughed it off. He would have regarded the monies raised for charity as more important. The truth was he was an exceptional athlete - one of those 3.02s was in the Connemarathon, another was with a stomach bug, and the most recent, in Berlin, was without any real training at all. But he was too humble to care about that crap.

As I say, one of the good guys, a more gentle and decent fellow you would not meet. Ar dheis De go raibh a anam.

RIP Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,083 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Condolences to his friends and family. Also my thoughts go out to the driver and his/her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

RIP Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

RIP more bad news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

RIP Paul.

I cycled that road to work this morning around 6.45. All signs of this tragedy were gone when I went by.

Only read about the accident when I got into work.

Condolences to his family and friends

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

My condolences to family and friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

RIP Paul Hannon.
    Sincere condolences to all who knew him.

Advertisement