Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investing the lot or clear debts first

• 24-03-2017 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

Currently selling a house abroad and when the deal is closed there would be a approx 60-65k spare.
    My wife rents an office for €500 a month all included which is not bad at all.
    We thought to buy a house/bungalow where she could move her practice and pay mortgage instead of renting.
    We have a CU loan over 5 years and pay €750 a month and a mortgage €120000 left over 25years - €600 a month.

Am I correct to say that it is better to clear the CU loan first and use the €30k left as a deposit towards purchasing a small second house in the price bracket of €90-130k to use as an office.
    I doubt the bank would be willing to give us a loan/mortgage if we were to use the €60-65k as a deposit given the current amont of monthly payments we have...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Could the mod delete this thread, please.

Advertisement