Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Credit Rating from AIB with Irish Credit Bureau

• 24-03-2017 10:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

Myself and my partner are in the process of Mortgage Application, we went about a routine credit check expecting nothing to come of it.

My partners report returned with a bad credit rating submitted by AIB on a car loan some years ago which has since been cleared. She took ill during a period of repayment and was not receiving income, before falling into arrears she contacted AIB and came to an agreement where interest only would be repaid and repayments would be resumed once she went back to fulltime employment. Her understanding at the time was that this was a mutual agreement and credit rating would not be affected.

Is this correct? Should a bad credit rating have been applied to her name with the ICB? We are aware of appeals but wouldn't bother if it were to be futile and AIB were correct.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Has she a written copy of the agreement reached with AIB if so she needs to contact them and request that they amend the ICB, if not I'm afraid there is very little she can do unless of course the bank has notes on the agreement so no harm asking.

You can of course when applying for a mortgage explain about happened to the lender and enclosing as much evidence as possible i.e. bank statements at the time showing she had no income, letter from employer etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

thanks Trish...it was a verbal believe it or not over the phone, no agreement on paper and no warning that credit rating would be affected. Naivety and miscommunication or lack thereof being the problem on both sides. Shes been to the branch and they were receptive to hearing her side of things and have decided to investigate further...hopefully it will be resolved.

Advertisement