Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sister knocked off bike. What now?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Sorry a bit off topic but: That's funny if the person who phones is charged!
    i rang emergency services a few years ago after coming across an RTA on the motorway - a few people expressed alarm at my having done so in the (thankfully mistaken) belief that the person who makes the call is the person who is charged. it'd be a right old mess if that was the case, no-one would ever ring for one for someone else again.

anyway, most emergency services don't charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Sorry a bit off topic but: That's funny if the person who phones is charged! I remember donkey years ago my car was stolen and found a few days later burned out. I got a hefty bill from the Fire Brigade for putting it out! Talk about rubbing salt into my wounds.

Still off topic. If you make a call to the Fire Brigade re an accident/fire in a vehicle, you will most likely be the first to get a bill from them. In the OP's case, her sister got a bill from the Ambulance Service because they assume there will be an insurance claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Still off topic. If you make a call to the Fire Brigade re an accident/fire in a vehicle, you will most likely be the first to get a bill from them. In the OP's case, her sister got a bill from the Ambulance Service because they assume there will be an insurance claim.

Further OT, my dad told me about this poor sod - he let someone sit in his car after an RTA, and lost his roof as a result:

http://www.thejournal.ie/crash-leitrim-emergency-services-car-paul-egan-3234577-Feb2017/

Advertisement