Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Got the game today.

I have to say I am really disappointed.

Very boring. Run for 20 minutes - bang, dead.

Run for 20 minutes, see no one, yawn.

Find a good building, wait... bang dead.

The aiming is super clunky.

I am shocked this game is doing so well. am I missing something :confused:
    Have a look at the streamers on twitch playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Got the game today.

If you don;t want to be running all game then land in the middle of the map. If you want to see more people then go to a hot zone like the military base or the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got the game today.

The game is exactly that it says it is, its either for you or not.

Jump out of the plane at very beginning, if you survive the initial fight you might win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Good advice guys.

I think it's just solo is not for me. I think squads or duo will be more for me.

I started watching a few streams to see what people are up to.

Do people use that right click twice to aim down sight or something else? Different config?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Good advice guys.

I think it's just solo is not for me. I think squads or duo will be more for me.

Do people use that right click twice to aim down sight or something else? Different config?

Join the Discord to play with Boardsies

https://discord.gg/X9BuN

Right click once to bring up scope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Good advice guys.

me and Colin play a ton, he's just moved apartment and I'm at sea sessions but will get games with you tomorrow or during the weej

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Good advice guys.

You need to get stuck into fellas off the bat in solo, the only way you'll get better I find. But group play is defo where it's at, much more fun and entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Hold down right click to half aim. Just right click without holding down to aim down the sights

Pter wrote: »
    Hold down right click to half aim. Just right click without holding down to aim down the sights

I see. I was just miss clicking it.
    me and Colin play a ton, he's just moved apartment and I'm at sea sessions but will get games with you tomorrow or during the week
    That's good to know. I must join ye.
    Join the Discord to play with Boardsies

https://discord.gg/X9BuN

Right click once to bring up scope.

Thanks. I'll do that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I usually try to land where nobody else is. I'm awful at FPS games and can't hit anything so I find it better when I skulk around and try to stay out of trouble.

When I do get a sniper rifle I do like firing away at people. I never hit them but it's great fun seeing them freak out and then get themselves shot by some one else.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I usually try to land where nobody else is. I'm awful at FPS games and can't hit anything so I find it better when I skulk around and try to stay out of trouble.

When I do get a sniper rifle I do like firing away at people. I never hit them but it's great fun seeing them freak out and then get themselves shot by some one else.

Landing away from everyone and avoiding shooting as much as possible is a good way to consistently get to the last 10-15 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

awec wrote:
    Landing away from everyone and avoiding shooting as much as possible is a good way to consistently get to the last 10-15 players.

Just a question of whether that's your goal or if you want to find a fight asap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I mix it up between the two. I have consistently finished better when I land somewhere remote, and that's also where my chicken dinners have come from. Sometimes though you just want to dive into that frantic headless chicken scrap at the military base. :D

I don't think I've ever survived the military base

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Picked this up over the weekend. Played my first solo game just there and, well, its time to retire with having achieved a win % equal to former England manager, Sam Allardyce. :D

420827.jpg

420828.jpg

I'll post a link for the video of the last nail-biting minutes when its uploaded! Great game!

The only chicken dinners I get are from Tesco :P

Even then the ***** over charge me.

I am having a great run so far. Finding all the smallest guns and being sniped out of it at range :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Fault in my line atm failsafe be 2-3 working days before I'm on

Played a few hours of squads with randoms. It was awesome. Its a real adrenaline rush when it gets down to the final circle.

Definitely have the bug after that session.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

finally won a solo mode...7 kills and the 4th guy I killed has a 8x scope and ar silencer...happy days...circle really went in my favour for the last few and 1v1 I was actually shaking... damn its a great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've never been so excited to read patch notes, well aside from Overwatch.

New AR drop from Care packages and destructible cabins are the big changes for me. Vehicles spawning facing random directions now is a nightmare though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

No more hiding in the f*ck boy shack, thank god! I wonder does that mean you can smash them with a vehicle?

Thanks to the squad I was able to get my first chicken dinner or at least a portion :P

We almost took another win.

IzNYINN.jpg

00aK3lJ.jpg

Thanks to the squad I was able to get my first chicken dinner or at least a portion :P

We almost took another win.

You made the final two kills of that delicious dinner if I'm not mistaken!

You made the final two kills of that delicious dinner if I'm not mistaken!
    Nope, I was the one who knocked out the lads in the kamikaze jeep coming up the hill with the VSS.

I am also the one that took a round in the ass in the last few seconds which helped the lads zero in on the last 2 guys :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My aim is improving and I've gotten myself some decent kills. Jumping into the mayhem zones helps build the skills! Managed to clear out the ruins by myself after a drop. Took on someone with an AK with a 9mm pistol and won.

My survivability however has plummeted!
    Didn't get out of the 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Had 2 solo and 5 squad wins before the reset, haven't won once in 90 games since. Hoping a graphics card upgrade from hd7800 to gtx1080ti will give that extra edge required ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Nichololas wrote: »
    Had 2 solo and 5 squad wins before the reset, haven't won once in 90 games since. Hoping a graphics card upgrade from hd7800 to gtx1080ti will give that extra edge required ;)

How often does the game reset? Or was that a once-off?

Falthyron wrote: »
    How often does the game reset? Or was that a once-off?

Only one reset since I started playing 3 months ago

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I would expect another reset when/if the game leaves early access.

Advertisement