Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

is there a players list I can add a few of you from? would like to get into some squad games later tonight if possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

there is a boards discord server..would be worthwhile to paste out the link again with no expiry on it?

Blazer wrote: »
    there is a boards discord server..would be worthwhile to paste out the link again with no expiry on it?

https://discord.gg/Q6VsS8M

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had a bad visit to the dentist today so off work for the day. Looks like the new update is already up. Downloading now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'll join that Discord server later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I am noticing a significant improvement in performance. At least 10-20 fps increase and picking up items/interaction seems a lot more responsive and faster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Falthyron wrote: »
    I am noticing a significant improvement in performance. At least 10-20 fps increase and picking up items/interaction seems a lot more responsive and faster now.

Was on the Test Server last night and was getting similar improvments,was hoping that the fps improvement wasnt just because it was the test server,this is great news..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Every patch has bumped me 10+ frames on average so far I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah there's a big bump in performance, not getting much tearing at all now at my settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I followed the settings recommendations at the start of the video below and my game runs so much better, i always thought the game would run much more smoothly at all low settings but its really not the case..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

nix wrote: »
    I followed the settings recommendations at the start of the video below and my game runs so much better, i always thought the game would run much more smoothly at all low settings but its really not the case..

Ive every thing set to high except ,Textures and Effects @ Medium and Shadows @Very Low.. and View Distance at very high..

Getting between 70 -80fps on an Asus predator i5 2.3ghz ,16gb ram and a 3gb 970m (3gb)

But the main improvement is that the frap drops and stutters are very infrequent now..

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Ive every thing set to high except ,Textures and Effects @ Medium and Shadows @Very Low.. and View Distance at very high..

Getting between 70 -80fps on an Asus predator i5 2.3ghz ,16gb ram and a 3gb 970m (3gb)

But the main improvement is that the frap drops and stutters are very infrequent now..

Yeah i kept getting stutters, particularly in close range gun fights, and when i followed the above guide (he has same gfx card and chip as me) my game was smooth a feck.. And it looks amazing, especially in that new slick sunset map :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

nix wrote:
    And it looks amazing, especially in that new slick sunset map

The sunset variation of the map is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The loot drop since the 'improvement' has been dog****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Damn. I only started the game last week lol. I am only starting to understand what is where.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I hope they bring out a cactus disguise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Finding anything above a red dot seems a lot harder sight wise

• Advertisement

I keep hitting the hospital and if I survive am well geared up to die later in the game.

Silenced AR and Shottie are still my main weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

We've had some pretty epic moments in our squad games on the Boards discord. Wish I recorded more of them. The bridge ambush is where it's at though. So satisfying to open up on a car of unsuspecting players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

We've had some pretty epic moments in our squad games on the Boards discord. Wish I recorded more of them. The bridge ambush is where it's at though. So satisfying to open up on a car of unsuspecting players.
    That was awesome.

We didn't have much ammo but we went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

There have hands down been improvements across the board, sorry you're not landing on a 4x scope with silencer, I guess.
    The loot tables will probably be modified a few more times at least, but they have a fairly rapid turn around on play-testing and implementation (especially for early-access) so I don't think it'll become an issue. Getting the balance right pretty important; if >50% start with the best gear possible then there's no incentive to rush other squads, and plenty for hiding in the center of the white; if <5% get the best gear then they have a massive advantage and the game becomes unbalanced due to the random loot spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Falthyron wrote: »
    Picked this up over the weekend. Played my first solo game just there and, well, its time to retire with having achieved a win % equal to former England manager, Sam Allardyce. :D

420827.jpg

420828.jpg

I'll post a link for the video of the last nail-biting minutes when its uploaded! Great game!

Decided to play another Solo game... :D

421768.jpg

2/2 for Solo games now!

421772.jpg

I'll post a link to the video when its finished uploading. That was more nerve wracking than the last solo game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Awm in the last zone, 3/3 headshots wins me the game

• Advertisement

Some people go to extremes to get to the end, just watched a guy swimming far out in the ocean just to avoid anybody, id say he would have spent 80% of the game swimming..

Advertisement