Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gay Lords denied us a win but next round :D

7C596B42EBF3412E44A2657893882238AB51EC3F

Some dude banned for teamkilling and reddit is angry, seemingly this lad made the game what it is by streaming it. Not the developers for actually making the game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Some dude banned for teamkilling and reddit is angry, seemingly this lad made the game what it is by streaming it. Not the developers for actually making the game.

Was it Dr Disrespect? Watched him a couple of times, can be pretty funny.

Got what he deserved if he was at that lark though a permaban seems overkill. Only people I've ever team killed are my mates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I hate that Dr Disrespect fella and also that Ninja fella on those Twitch streams.

God i sound old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Vicxas wrote: »
    I hate that Dr Disrespect fella and also that Ninja fella on those Twitch streams.

God i sound old.

The Dr is grand, just try think of him as a bastard wrestler like Ric flair, its all put on.. Saying that i have grown tired of him so dont really watch his streams anymore.. Id watch Grimmz mostly, just a humble fun guy to watch..

Now Ninja on the other hand is a whiney lil maggot whos voice melts the ears, i dont know how he has such a following.. He's a tantrum throwing lil girl..

I also watched the vid where the doc got banned, he was actually playing with Grimmz at the time, and just watching grimmz reaction is hilarious, hes totally gob smacked, Link

But eh, my friends and i have often joked about killing randomers on our team before and taking their loot, but none of us actually done it, it just seems so cruel haha

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ninja has a big following because he was a pro Halo player, take from that what you will :pac:

I wouldn't sit through a whole stream of Dr Disrespect but some of the highlights I've seen are hilarious. Grimmz is a good one to watch alright, have watched Summit1G too but find him a bit dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't even have this game but I've spent a good few hours watching DrLupo stream it. He's decent and entertaining and not as OTT as some.

I'd be surprised if Disrespect's ban is permanent

Developer says no in game skins market.

180°

Developer brings in buyable skins. Tbh it was fairly obvious what with the marketplace for skins and the crates.

Reddit in the next hour or so:

496d79dc922dbb7bdb6abb395d0cd584.gif

Thought they were saying from the start there'd be loot crates.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Completely optional and cosmetic loot boxes are the most harmless way of making shít tonnes of money, of course he was going to go for it. Not a problem in the slightest outside of the people who will whinge about any sort of micro-transactions anyway.

• Advertisement

Completely optional and cosmetic loot boxes are the most harmless way of making shít tonnes of money, of course he was going to go for it. Not a problem in the slightest outside of the people who will whinge about any sort of micro-transactions anyway.

I doubt it was ever his choice....Korean MMO maker...

The whingey mate who feels everyone should exit when he dies but not when you die, died exactly 30 seconds into this :D

We spent 25 minutes being ****ed over by Circle Jesus and when we got to the last circle murdered everyone.

795A956C30317B90E7511F9CDB01E165E4CDABB5

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Developer says no in game skins market.

180°

Developer brings in buyable skins. Tbh it was fairly obvious what with the marketplace for skins and the crates.

Cosmetics in loot crates were always part of the plan,if people want to waist their money playing dress up barbie in a tactical shooter,then the developer is doing nothing wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

why anyone would want to be seen baffles me as that is not the purpose of the game
    I tried the where's wally shirt once and obviously stuck out like a sore thumb

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Its Battlegrounds not Fashiongrounds.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Its Battlegrounds not Fashiongrounds.. :)

Still ............ I'd take a look at that game , I've seen my wife watch stuff like that and it seems kinda vicious .

The reaction on reddit is hilariously over the top

The reaction on reddit is hilariously over the top

Completely expected from this generation of internet enabled gamers.

Spectate removed from Squad?

2A15FE3F324BD5E0B1EEF70131BD43DBC59CD15A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

No probs paying for a tux with a Stetson hat...so long as it doesn't effect gameplay. Apart from you standing out like an arsehole. It's when you start paying for guns etc then that's a problem, but I don't think that's happening here

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I think they should do it the way overwatch do it, the way cs do it is pure greed :(

• Advertisement

I'd do it the csgo way personally cuz I like money

MK14 EBR in the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

Spectate removed from Squad?

2A15FE3F324BD5E0B1EEF70131BD43DBC59CD15A

Yeah I've been getting that too.

Also, some guy got a 7 day ban for apparently stream sniping. It's all blowing up on Reddit.

circadian wrote: »
    Yeah I've been getting that too.

Also, some guy got a 7 day ban for apparently stream sniping. It's all blowing up on Reddit.

What's stream sniping?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What's stream sniping?

Watching someone on twitch and killing them ingame using that info. It's pretty difficult given how many games of PUBG are being played at any one moment and the delay in the stream. It's streamers skapegoating their losses tbh.

Watching someone on twitch and killing them ingame using that info. It's pretty difficult given how many games of PUBG are being played at any one moment and the delay in the stream. It's streamers skapegoating their losses tbh.

Pretty crap reason to ban someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They really need to hire a capable community manager and keep the Irish guy off Twitter.

He's a PR nightmare.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yeah that "fyi there wont be free cases" was one of the stupidest tweets I've read.

They really need to hire a capable community manager and keep the Irish guy off Twitter.

He's a PR nightmare.

He is not tho, and they shouldnt they have TOS and players are being banned for breaking that.

Regarding stream sniping, streamers should cover their mini map, most do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

He is not tho, and they shouldnt they have TOS and players are being banned for breaking that.

Regarding stream sniping, streamers should cover their mini map, most do.

why would they bother?
    I've put about 200 hours into the game, I know the map nearly inside out at this point.

Advertisement