Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dreamers75 wrote: »
    He is not tho, and they shouldnt they have TOS and players are being banned for breaking that.

Regarding stream sniping, streamers should cover their mini map, most do.

I wasn't talking about the bans. People should of course be punished for breaking the rules

It's his own personal handling of things on social media that I'd have a problem with. Really, if they want to grow the game then they need a good CM, not the main game dev reacting emotionally to any backlash, even if that backlash is mostly unwarranted.

Atm he's 'liking' posts on twitter that are ****ting on those who have criticised various aspects of the game and their plans for it. It's rather petty and unprofessional and cannot be good for the game which relies so heavily right now on word of mouth and good sentiment from within the community.

Had a funny moment earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I wasn't talking about the bans. People should of course be punished for breaking the rules

It's his own personal handling of things on social media that I'd have a problem with. Really, if they want to grow the game then they need a good CM, not the main game dev reacting emotionally to any backlash, even if that backlash is mostly unwarranted.

Atm he's 'liking' posts on twitter that are ****ting on those who have criticised various aspects of the game and their plans for it. It's rather petty and unprofessional and cannot be good for the game which relies so heavily right now on word of mouth and good sentiment from within the community.

Don't think he really cares, he has made his money, the community is growing and growing every day (judging from steam stats)
    With the introduction of crates or keys whatever, all he has to do now is sit back and watch the money roll in while he gets a few guys on his team to maintance the servers keep them running and designing new clothes for people to splash out money on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've always been reluctant to jump on the Steam Early Access hit train, because frankly most of the games look kinda horrible. But was unable to resist this one, as I found its concept (and popularity) increasingly intriguing.

After a few rounds over the last few days, it's simply lots of fun to play. It thankfully dispenses with the pretenses of realism that have turned me off similar titles - it is straightforward, accessible and all the better for it. Love the initial skydive and subsequent scramble for stuff - it's similar every time, but it's a fun way to get into the mood for survival (by which I of course mean trying to hide and avoid being shot by a better player).

The one major concern I have - outside the various 'still in beta' issues - is a pretty significant one: I really wish the thing had more character. I just find the presentation and overall theme of the game horribly bland. Like, it's taking inspiration from Battle Royale and The Hunger Games - no shortage of identity in either of those (even if the former is vastly superior). In its current form it seems like the bare minimum of imagination has been put into making the game something entirely its own. I'm not talking about any story or anything: simply some basic context, art design / writing flourishes, or overarching visual identity. And that's unfortunately something I'm not confident will be improved before full release - it doesn't matter much when you're in the heat of a chase towards the next play zone, but a more distinct identity would IMO allow this to become something extra special.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The one major concern I have - outside the various 'still in beta' issues - is a pretty significant one: I really wish the thing had more character. I just find the presentation and overall theme of the game horribly bland. Like, it's taking inspiration from Battle Royale and The Hunger Games - no shortage of identity in either of those (even if the former is vastly superior). In its current form it seems like the bare minimum of imagination has been put into making the game something entirely its own. I'm not talking about any story or anything: simply some basic context, art design / writing flourishes, or overarching visual identity. And that's unfortunately something I'm not confident will be improved before full release - it doesn't matter much when you're in the heat of a chase towards the next play zone, but a more distinct identity would IMO allow this to become something extra special.

I doubt any one else has that inane opinion of a 100 man deathmatch game, I think you are over thinking this game and thats a lot of words for something that is so simple.....

Survive.

Its a video game not an expression of art, kill everyone before they kill you using functional game mechanics which work.

Full release for me is FPP and more maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sometimes a game is just a game hey. It doesn't need a specific raison d'etre.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I doubt any one else has that inane opinion of a 100 man deathmatch game, I think you are over thinking this game and thats a lot of words for something that is so simple.....

Survive.

Its a video game not an expression of art, kill everyone before they kill you using functional game mechanics which work.

Full release for me is FPP and more maps.

Nah I thought the same thing, it would nice if the island had some "story" to it. Why are we here, what happened here, perhaps some religious pan texts.

Like Unreal Tournament was jsut a deathmatch but it was made so much cooler with the background of it being prisoners killing each other for freedom, and it was fairly simple to achieve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Sometimes a game is just a game hey. It doesn't need a specific raison d'etre.

why are those ghosts chasing a yellow blob?
    why is the yellow blob popping pills like there is no tomorrow?
    what is their meaning in life?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is a great game, the thing I want more than new maps is more optimisation. The game still runs terrible on current 2017 entry level mobile and desktop graphics cards such as the nvidia 1050.

even on my 980ti there is still some stuttering, don't get that in any other game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

Gonzo wrote: »
    this is a great game, the thing I want more than new maps is more optimisation. The game still runs terrible on current 2017 entry level mobile and desktop graphics cards such as the nvidia 1050.

even on my 980ti there is still some stuttering, don't get that in any other game.

I have an i7 with 16gb ram and a 980, I just have everything set to low and it runs well most of the time. I notice some lag during what I imagine is loot spawn at the start but usually ok then.

Definitely needs optimised though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What CPU do you have paired with the 980ti?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

What CPU do you have paired with the 980ti?

it's a i7 5820k and 16 gigs of DDR4 ram. I've dropped some of the settings from ultra to high just to smooth things out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

it's a i7 5820k and 16 gigs of DDR4 ram. I've dropped some of the settings from ultra to high just to smooth things out more.

The biggest way I have clawed decent frames back is turning shadows all the way down.

I have had this issue over the last week. Slight frame drop every now and then.

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/893070307442909186

One of the streaming lads who boasted about getting loads of people banned because he said so, has brought a new form of Stream sniping beeping on himself. I do find this kinda amusing.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticManlyWrenchThisIsSparta

New update is laggy as fcuk and they hope to have it fixed today.

FPP is terrifying!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

circadian wrote: »
    I have an i7 with 16gb ram and a 980, I just have everything set to low and it runs well most of the time. I notice some lag during what I imagine is loot spawn at the start but usually ok then.

Definitely needs optimised though.

I have an i7-7700 and GTX1070 and I also have to run it pretty much at low to get a stable 60fps.

Guy I know plays it on an old Phenom X4 and HD6770. Lowest resolution, very low settings, 15-20fps. Honestly have no idea how.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

One of the streaming lads who boasted about getting loads of people banned because he said so, has brought a new form of Stream sniping beeping on himself. I do find this kinda amusing.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticManlyWrenchThisIsSparta

Reminds me of a post I saw in Reddit about Grimmmmmmz.
    he along with the rest of the PUBG streamers that are sponsored by Asus use a cheat overlay that comes with Asus motherboards and soundcard: Asus Sonic Radar. From Asus : "Asus Sonic Radar application is a FPS game tool. It can locate the game gunfire and explosions, footsteps, cries, time bomb acoustic sound source direction and distance so that players can make a pre-emptive strike." The reason they all hate rain maps is because the sound of the rain and thunder are one of the few effective ways to nerf that cheat in the current game. Have you ever noticed how he says he always goes to the source of sounds, and magically seems to be able to spot and shoot other players? How about all the times he knows exactly where other players are in buildings without entering them? Dude is a ****ing cheat, and Asus is a part of the problem.
    He hides the overlay in his lower left corner behind his fapcam while streaming to make it look like he is legit. If Valve and Bluehole actually want to combat cheating, then they would issue VAC bans for people that use it, and only reverse those bans for players that are legitimately deaf.

I'd imagine the horns would really mess up that tool if it was indeed being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm on an i5 3570k oc'd to around 4.2ghz and a 1060. I turned some settings down to smooth things out but I get around 70-80 fps. Only time I notice performance is if I land in a city and the loot is spawning in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Completely unplayable, freezess, lag etc and its the only game on my ssd right now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I can't understand how they haven't rolled back that patch.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Played a game of FP Duo last night and it was a bit odd. I couldn't see my team mate (no name above their head, nothing on map), people died straight away (no reviving) and when you killed someone it appeared that their team mate was being kicked from the game too.

For example I sniped a guy on a ground floor of a building and we knew someone was upstairs, he died straight away and we found his team mate afk upstairs. Also when my team mate was knocked out outside the playzone I was forced back to the lobby even though I had managed to get in.

Is this their attempt at some kind of hard core mode or was it just buggy as hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

They had to push the patch to get in their microtransaction crates.

And FP mode is bugged as hell.

lag supposedly fixed, haven't played today.

500k players yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Since the latest update i've been unable to look inside the plane at the beginning of each mission. I can't lie flat on the ground anymore either. Serious lag issues and i'm rubber banding around a whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ooh! free stuff!

gt5ycgc08odz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

no problems on the NA servers tonight..pretty flawless

Running fine now, FPP is brilliant.

Duo FPP bug seems to be fixed in that you have a team mate, good fun trying to coordinate with a mate last night. Even tho we were both naked.

is that you?
    yeah
    Why are you shooting at me?
    Thats not me
    You said it was
    I was there a minute ago
    Where are you now?
    over here
    where?
    DEAD.....

Just said I'd have a quick game after work.
    Was down to final 10 people and took 3 out before realising it was just 2 of us..then the hands started shaking :D

So its now the norm that when you kill a youtuber/streamer you record it to prove your innocence.

Just killed that frankieonpc lad....so awaiting my ban..................

• Advertisement

So its now the norm that when you kill a youtuber/streamer you record it to prove your innocence.

Just killed that frankieonpc lad....so awaiting my ban..................

no its only if you stalk them across servers and they can prove that you were deliberately trying to get in to get them.
    I understand the banning but in my mind its stupid.
    Why don't the streamers just announce their server much like DICE announce that their Devs will be on a specific Battlefield server at a certain time etc.
    Hell I don't even take heed of who I've killed in Battlegrounds..its just a number to me.

Advertisement