Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hmmm, so Xbox are helping with PUBG on PC.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/899471525262143488

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

There’s a dedicated bluehole team assigned to the console Xbox version and working with Microsoft who are completely separated from the PC dev team and thank god for that

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just checked the Steam market to find out I've got a coat in this game worth 30 quid, covered the cost of the game purchase for me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone seen the going price of the school clothes sets? Holy sweet f**k! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Blazer wrote: »
    3rd person wouldn't be bad though on xbox with a controller.
    However its' going to be severely restricted in terms of graphics etc..
    I'm gaming at 1440p on pc and its awesome but I shudder at the thought of playing it on the console version unless I get the xbox one x which should be able to get at 60fps at 1080p....hopefully.
    I've a few mates who only game on console so looking forward to having a few games with them on this.

Admittedly I haven't played this yet, but I've seen enough footage online, but I'd say its more the optimization is the issue rather than the graphics as they're fairly basic for the most part.
    There’s a dedicated bluehole team assigned to the console Xbox version and working with Microsoft who are completely separated from the PC dev team and thank god for that

I'd say microsoft are banking big on this being their killer app for christmas. It'd be gas if they managed to really Iron out the performance of it.

• Advertisement

Attendees at Gamescom have played a build of PUBG on the Xbox One X today.

Reports are very good so far. It runs well and is very stable.

DH0aI2wWsAAWOtJ.jpg:med

DH0nahSXcAAhOad.jpg:med

DH1WmvvWAAA124f.jpg:med

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'd say it will do ok on the Xbox but don't see it overtaking the likes of COD and BF.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'd say it will do ok on the Xbox but don't see it overtaking the likes of COD and BF.

I doubt anyone expects it to overtake 2 IPs which have been around for 30 years combined!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I reckon it will go the minecraft route. IP sold for a tidy fortune once it's in a position for full release.

I doubt anyone expects it to overtake 2 IPs which have been around for 30 years combined!

I just think if MS think they have a killer app that's gonna sell them a load of the X then they might be disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Originally Posted by My name is URL View Post

Its going to take over DOTA (has already taken CS, both 30 years).

All versions
    Bf1 has 120k playing now.
    Bf4 60k
    PC only
    COD has 40k playing now.

PUBG peaked at 718K today, only Bluehole could **** up an IP like this. I think they will.

If you have some spare BP I recommend buying the Gamescom in-game crates and selling them on the Steam marketplace.

I got a little over €5 for 2 crates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

If you have some spare BP I recommend buying the Gamescom in-game crates and selling them on the Steam marketplace.

I got a little over €5 for 2 crates.

Gonna hold onto them til a few weeks after price might shoot up an extra few euro ha

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Gonna hold onto them til a few weeks after price might shoot up an extra few euro ha

They have to be opened by a certain date, check in game for that date.

The other ones have no date set.

I made €50 as I had about 50k when it started, buy 4 of each wait one week buy 4 of each wait one week :D

You can risk the others and open them for a skirt thats going for hundreds of euro.

Admittedly I haven't played this yet, but I've seen enough footage online, but I'd say its more the optimization is the issue rather than the graphics as they're fairly basic for the most part.

xbox one has struggled in the past with the unreal engine. I've no doubt the xbox one X will run it fine but the basic xbox? Not a chance unless the map textures are significantly decreased, maybe half the number of players in a smaller map etc. If they pull the exact same game off on the standard xbox i'd be very impressed but it will only be at 720p and maybe 30fps. No way will it get 60 on the basic one.

Wait so we're not getting this on the XB1?.

It's the new console?.... the first I knew about this and I've been dying to play this.

That's a bummer...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The game is CPU intensive so 720/900p & 30fps on the XBox One S would be the realistic expectation.
    Can't see them opting to reduce the max no. of players without seriously affecting the core game.

I'd say they'll have it run at 30fps on the One X too.

I'd say they'll have it run at 30fps on the One X too.

it would be very unlikely unless doing 4k. It would be a disaster for Microsoft if PUBG only did 30fps on their flagship console. They have to show why people should upgrade to the scorpio and 30fps on PUBG doesn't cut it.

it would be very unlikely unless doing 4k. It would be a disaster for Microsoft if PUBG only did 30fps on their flagship console. They have to show why people should upgrade to the scorpio and 30fps on PUBG doesn't cut it.

MS helping out in terms of offering servers might be better. A high tickrate server would be huge help to the game.
    Too many times I'm waiting too long for a door to open. That's all down to low tickrate servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

it looks from reports of the xbox version of the game playing at gamescom that the framerate is uncapped and is currently runnning between 30-40fps .i imagine they will try to get this up to 60fps on OneX before launch..

Is it really playing on an Xbox tho?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Is it really playing on an Xbox tho?

PC, but an XBox build:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/playerunknowns_battlegrounds/b/xboxone/archive/2017/08/22/five-things-we-noticed-from-our-hands-on-with-the-xbox-one-version-of-playerunknowns-battlegrounds.aspx
    The version of the game we played was on a PC but, according to a Microsoft representative, was "running" the Xbox One version of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

bigphil2 wrote: »
    it looks from reports of the xbox version of the game playing at gamescom that the framerate is uncapped and is currently runnning between 30-40fps .i imagine they will try to get this up to 60fps on OneX before launch..
    PC, but an XBox build:
    The version of the game we played was on a PC but, according to a Microsoft representative, was "running" the Xbox One version of the game.

So, uncapped, getting 40, xbox build, on pc. Any mention of specs of said pc? Superior to XBox1 / 1S?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's going to be on all current Xbox One consoles. Most likely, it will run with a dynamic resolution, as that's the preferred method of dealing with two different powered consoles now (both Sony and Microsoft). It'll mean that the frame rate is going to be broadly similar between the two versions, as it has to be for multiplayer games, so the Xbox One X will just run at a higher resolution. It'll still be the best console version of the game, but it obviously won't come near a well built PC, that's going to be true of all games.

It will also have to run at a faster fps in 1080p on the xbox one x and at least 30fps on 4k.
    I'd definitely be interested in getting it as a few mates have xbox only and are mad jealous I can play it on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It will also have to run at a faster fps in 1080p on the xbox one x and at least 30fps on 4k.
    I'd definitely be interested in getting it as a few mates have xbox only and are mad jealous I can play it on pc.

Its one of the very few games over the last few years that I'm really hankering to play. no pc for me, so the fact that its coming to any console at all is a real boon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Its one of the very few games over the last few years that I'm really hankering to play. no pc for me, so the fact that its coming to any console at all is a real boon.

Struggling to see how a game like this would be in any way enjoyable on a console with a joypad.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Struggling to see how a game like this would be in any way enjoyable on a console with a joypad.

Plenty of shooters are.

Advertisement