Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Ye. It's fine with a controller and i'm sure they will optimise it for the console experience.
    Even though i've tried controller on it, when you're up against M+K for the majority you have to git good. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Is this crossplay between console & PC users?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

If it is I'd feel bad for console players they will never win a game

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Plenty of shooters are.

Sure, I understand CoD, BF and Overwatch style but I don't know how well PUBG will translate as it's more of an Arma style (unless something similar already exists in the console space?)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sure, I understand CoD, BF and Overwatch style but I don't know how well PUBG will translate as it's more of an Arma style (unless something similar already exists in the console space?)

Not that I'm aware of, but arguably I would think it will suffer less than those games as it's no where near as reliant on reaction times. I'm sure they'll put a bit of effort into optimising it for a controller anyway.

I don't see how it would be any different as long as everyone is using the same controllers and aim assist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Struggling to see how a game like this would be in any way enjoyable on a console with a joypad.
    Reports from the people who played it at Gamescom say it's great on controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Reports from the people who played it at Gamescom say it's great on controller.

It falls under the same argument as those who say TPP is 'cheating'. Its cheating if only one person can do it. Manipulating the camera to see around corners, etc. is available to everyone. There is no disadvantage to using a controller if everyone has the same handicap.

They won't introduce cross-play between Xbox and PC. It would be ridiculous. I'm glad it runs well on Xbox though. I reckon it will be very successful on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement

I'm not overly excited about that colour palet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm not overly excited about that colour palet

Well, it IS a desert map. Sepia all the way. There may be an oasis on the map somewhere too. Rolling sand dunes. Desert Camo the new Ghillie Suit.

That town will be a campers haven, especially anywhere in final circles.

PUBG Gamescom invitational starting in a few minutes. Solo event first.

https://mixer.com/pubattlegrounds

https://www.twitch.tv/playbattlegrounds

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nice to see the guy with the most kills win it. 2nd guy was desperately unlucky with how the circle finished and missing with the sks.
    It looks like it was bring your own pc as well. I saw some guys with curved monitors and one guy running reshade. Bit mad considering you need as much fps as possible unless he was running SLI.

Third person is diabolical :pac:

Third person is diabolical :pac:

they should have done first person...but then you'd probably have about 50 people sneaking through the grass :D

also learnt something new...didn't realise you could hold your breath while aiming in this game..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Never thought to take a boat and return to the spawn island! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Falthyron wrote: »

Pay off isnt worth it, scopes can be a pain to spawn there.

Observer keeps switching away from action!

Falthyron wrote: »

You need to get a good gun and stash it and ammo somewhere safe. Grand if the map circle is top but you’re screwed otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

So is the suggestion here that this game will not run on an original Xbone and will only run on the OneX? I'll be so disappointed if that's the case. It;s the only game I've looked forward to this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Blazer wrote: »
    You need to get a good gun and stash it and ammo somewhere safe. Grand if the map circle is top but you’re screwed otherwise

Wait, do the weapons on Spawn Island stay in the same state they're in after everybody's fcuked around with them before the plane takes off?

Wait, do the weapons on Spawn Island stay in the same state they're in after everybody's fcuked around with them before the plane takes off?

No they don't

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Jayop wrote:
    So is the suggestion here that this game will not run on an original Xbone and will only run on the OneX? I'll be so disappointed if that's the case. It;s the only game I've looked forward to this year.

It will run on XB1 & OneX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Thank God or my son was going to be distraught having his nice 1x swapped for my old piece of crap. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Indeed, there won't be any games that are exclusive to the Xbox One X, all games will run on both Xbox One X and Xbox One/S.

Jayop wrote: »
    Thank God or my son was going to be distraught having his nice 1x swapped for my old piece of crap. :pac:

well if he's not playing PUBG then give him the old one and keep the scorpio for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Blazer wrote: »
    also learnt something new...didn't realise you could hold your breath while aiming in this game..

??? Jaysus man have you never played a shooter before :D (shift also zooms in a touch as wellon iron sights, red dont and holo if it didn't show that)

• Advertisement

??? Jaysus man have you never played a shooter before :D (shift also zooms in a touch as wellon iron sights, red dont and holo if it didn't show that)

course I have..I use it in every other game like BF etc but forgot it was in this game :D
    Now time to snipe again :D

Advertisement