Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So the new Minecraft Beta on Xbox One has keyboard and mouse support built in. If they expanded that to PUBG, and allowed cross play between Xbox and Steam, that would be pretty interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

CatInABox wrote: »
    So the new Minecraft Beta on Xbox One has keyboard and mouse support built in. If they expanded that to PUBG, and allowed cross play between Xbox and Steam, that would be pretty interesting.

I'm not sure they'll do it for PUBG. Minecraft isn't competitive so it's fine, but I'd imagine there'd be a fair few ped off controller users finding out they're playing against other Xbox players with KB+M.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm not sure they'll do it for PUBG. Minecraft isn't competitive so it's fine, but I'd imagine there'd be a fair few ped off controller users finding out they're playing against other Xbox players with KB+M.

well xbox live can distinguish between users who use k+b and controller and send them to separate servers so it would be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Justice against teamers :pac:.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, it has to be supported by the game itself, so KB+M users would be separate to the joypad users. Of course, most people on Xbox wouldn't be playing with a KB+M, so going cross-platform with Steam would be the best way of getting user numbers up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

In case anyone was wondering what its like on the Spawn Island after the plane has dropped:

There could be better areas to loot, but that bunker was delicious...!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

774k concurrent players, should overtake DOTA in a week or 2.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    774k concurrent players, should overtake DOTA in a week or 2.

Has a game ever broken the 1m mark?

Falthyron wrote: »
    Has a game ever broken the 1m mark?

DOTA has the record

about half way down this page

http://steamcharts.com/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

1.3 million, insane. Does that include any chinese players where it is huge?

I don't think it does and 50% of DotA 1 players were in China, maybe similar for 2.

Great to see pubg doing so well. Also thanks to the cases I essentially got the game for free. No complaints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

My god. No Mans Sky is in the top 10. That's mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

obq1sb8adwhz.jpg

810k now vs 840 for dota, maybe i was wrong about it taking 2 weeks to beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Played a bit of first person there and I like it so much better than third person. Game feels far more fast paced now that stepping out in the open isn't a guaranteed death sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

On the point of kB+mouse I remember Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3 you could filter lobbies that allowed this or controller only.

Jesus.

932,981 936,020 PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
    838,489 838,489 Dota 2

I had to avenge the squad.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Jesus.

932,981 936,020 PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
    838,489 838,489 Dota 2

I had to avenge the squad.

Are...are...you playing this with a....controller?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Aiming in with a 4x at that distance xD

Doesn't look like he's using a controller either, all the commands are keyboard.

RossieMan wrote: »

Doesn't look like he's using a controller either, all the commands are keyboard.

The movement looks like analog stick movement and when he opens his inventory the Xbox controller buttons appear instead of their keyboard counterparts. The game is hard enough with the precision of a mouse; using a controller against K+M users is a whole new level of suffering :pac: Dark Souls fan, dreamers75? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'd say controller as well. Not that I care but I'm just seeing if I can guess. The strafe run to the door at circa 1:00 is where it looks most obvious and his left right movement looks weirdly flat.

Anyway /enddetective mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

be fierce weird for him to use a controller for shooting then keyboard and mouse for looting surely?

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Could be using a mouse with really low sensitivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Mystery of the day! Is he/Isn't he. He does have xbox symbols in his inventory interestingly enough but things like press F for doors shows up.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Game play looks like mouse to me, probably just has a controller plugged in so the game is picking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Ah come on lads , we know Dreamers too long now, there is no way he would let the side down and use a controller, and I'm saying this without even remembering the video or looking back at it :D

RossieMan wrote: »

I hold down right-click at far, far further distances... I think I need to stop doing it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Was watching Smookie stream yesterday and got down to final 6 in in a squad game, all of Smookies' squad and two other lads, got down to the final circle and they lost, there was no sign of the other two lads.

Was funny.

The anticipation is killing me. A controller or not?! Someone PM him...! :pac:

• Advertisement

KB and M, Xbox letters show up if you have a controller plugged in.

The last kill tho, ran out of ammo in my short range weapon, you can see my panic at switching the fire rate :D

Advertisement