Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's the name, "with a name like that, he's hacking". :pac:

In my experience, more often than not, names with random letters and numbers are temporary accounts for exploiting.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Falthyron wrote: »
    I shot at him with a silencer from a position he couldn't have known. He then spots me instantly and a headshot?

You wouldn't have been too hard to spot where you were standing I don't think. You weren't moving either so gave him plenty of time to line up a headshot with a Kar98 at that range. You still have muzzle flash with a silencer too as far as I know.

The name looks dodgy though in fairness.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You wouldn't have been too hard to spot where you were standing I don't think. You weren't moving either so gave him plenty of time to line up a headshot with a Kar98 at that range. You still have muzzle flash with a silencer too as far as I know.

The name looks dodgy though in fairness.

But to look at that exact location from a single silenced bullet shot? Silenced shots are very difficult to pin point. I could have shot at him from the hill behind him, the field to his east, or the hill to his south. Far too precise, far too responsive given the circumstances. And yeah, the name too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You put yourself in an awful position, hackers generally don't use the Kar as it's too slow, they use ARs at distance. You wouldn't even see them usually, you definitely wouldn't get a shot at them the way you did. Not hackers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If they are not hacking then it's because you are a height like that you stand out a LOT against the sky. Same reason you never stand on top of a hill or mountain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

But to look at that exact location from a single silenced bullet shot? Silenced shots are very difficult to pin point. I could have shot at him from the hill behind him, the field to his east, or the hill to his south. Far too precise, far too responsive given the circumstances. And yeah, the name too.

The shot may be less difficult to pinpoint, but considering that you missed, he'd have heard the bullet impact with the ground and be able to deduce a general idea where it had come from.
    Given he was covered by the buildings, it's not hard to fathom a general hemisphere of where the shot could have come from, and as others have said, you would have stood out well compared to the skyline behind you given you took the shot while standing and had only just crouched when you were hit.

As for whether the reaction shot was a hack... who knows. Can't see well enough on the video as to what sort of sight was on their Kar. Could've been an 8x or 15x for all you know, which makes plinking your head far easier.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    The shot may be less difficult to pinpoint, but considering that you missed, he'd have heard the bullet impact with the ground and be able to deduce a general idea where it had come from.
    Given he was covered by the buildings, it's not hard to fathom a general hemisphere of where the shot could have come from, and as others have said, you would have stood out well compared to the skyline behind you given you took the shot while standing and had only just crouched when you were hit.

As for whether the reaction shot was a hack... who knows. Can't see well enough on the video as to what sort of sight was on their Kar. Could've been an 8x or 15x for all you know, which makes plinking your head far easier.

If you slow the video right down to 0.25x you can see that he covers himself with the wall of the house after I shot, then he peaks out looking directly at me. There is no effort to look around for where the shot came from.

I agree with the point about 'sky-lining', but his reaction time and the fact that there doesn't appear to be any effort to look for the shooter makes it suspicious. His generic user ID name would also suggest warranted suspicion.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You put yourself in an awful position, hackers generally don't use the Kar as it's too slow, they use ARs at distance. You wouldn't even see them usually, you definitely wouldn't get a shot at them the way you did. Not hackers.

That would be for an aimbot, I think this guy is more likely to fall into some sort of 'wall hack' category if he is cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

His generic user ID name would also suggest warranted suspicion.

Could also be this user: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024450003 - note, VAC banned 14 weeks ago.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Could also be this user: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024450003 - note, VAC banned 14 weeks ago.

Good find. Yeah, that's the same username alright. I don't think PUBG uses VAC, but if the guy is willing to cheat (and get caught) in other games, its not beyond the realm of possibility that he is doing it in PUBG.

Ah well. Some people are making a bomb on selling boxes and items so its only inevitable that hackers/cheaters farm matches now. Hopefully, Bluehole improve their cheat detection or find a way to counter farmers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That deffo looked hacky to me. No hesitation. Into cover, peaks right out and blam.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was milling about the other day in the dirt buggy and got headshotted by a Kar98. Either he was hacking or that was the greatest snipe ever made. Didn't report but it's very suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

sold a red check shirt reward for 8 quid this morning, should have put it up for more as it sold instantly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Is this game worth buying now. ill held off for a while. heard complaints about the net code and lately all this micro transaction stuff.
    I guess my main question is the game buggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

sold a red check shirt reward for 8 quid this morning, should have put it up for more as it sold instantly :D

you were taken to the cleaners. its going for an average of €9.20.

don't know why, its ****e.

I usually sell stuff for 1c less than the going rate

There is a weird phenomenon about wearing a red shirt in PUBG: red shirt players gang up and work together. That might explain the high price.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/69euo4/red_shirt_warriors/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is this game worth buying now. ill held off for a while. heard complaints about the net code and lately all this micro transaction stuff.
    I guess my main question is the game buggy.

It's been worth buying for months now. Not had any issues with bugs, it's pretty stable. The main issues were performance issues but every update has been ironing them out and it's running a lot better now, nothing dropping your settings a little won't fix.

There is a weird phenomenon about wearing a red shirt in PUBG: red shirt players gang up and work together. That might explain the high price.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/69euo4/red_shirt_warriors/

has to be a star trek thing.

yeah i seen that, the price has been going up all morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Being honest micro transaction in this are great, I am averaging a fiver week :D

Im usually against them but when its me getting the money I seem to change my tune.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Being honest micro transaction in this are great, I am averaging a fiver week :D

Im usually against them but when its me getting the money I seem to change my tune.

Yeah they are really innocuous too. Some of my friends didn't even the crates existed.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

These just from the standard crates you get every week? At the moment I don't know whether to open them or sell them on for 60c or so. I usually cave and open them and end up with a t shirt worth 3c.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone play this just as a solo player? Seems people are having the best craic in groups, but none of my usual online gang have a gaming PC.

I sold all mine and got half price off the new south park game

Anyone play this just as a solo player? Seems people are having the best craic in groups, but none of my usual online gang have a gaming PC.

There's usually people playing on this: https://discord.gg/Q6VsS8M

Brendan just finished up on an AMA. Some interesting answers inside!

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/719pbv/iama_playerunknown_ama/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That question about pans and horses had me! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I hate that subreddit so much, nothing but people whinging. Even the top "questions" in the AMA are people just telling him about bugs that's he obviously already aware of.

• Advertisement

Crucially, a Father Ted reference will be put in the game! :D

Advertisement